Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Website Problems and Suggestions (https://blazerforum.com/forum/website-problems-suggestions-14/)
-   -   ROTM Suggestion - Hidden Poll Results (https://blazerforum.com/forum/website-problems-suggestions-14/rotm-suggestion-hidden-poll-results-35833/)

Sisk 10-10-2009 07:12 PM

Voted! Good luck all.
And Kyle - have you ever thought about hiding the results like GMTF does? It makes the ROTM more exciting IMO since you have no idea who is winning...keeps the suspense

okvortec 10-10-2009 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sisk (Post 253348)
And Kyle - have you ever thought about hiding the results like GMTF does? It makes the ROTM more exciting IMO since you have no idea who is winning...keeps the suspense

Booooooooo:icon_rant:

carterx 10-10-2009 07:14 PM

Voted! Good luck all.

That's a good idea.... I like :)

Sisk 10-10-2009 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by okvortec (Post 253350)
Booooooooo:icon_rant:

lol..I take it you don't like that Martin? I think it's great...but that's just me.

okvortec 10-10-2009 07:15 PM

Haha I'm not a fan but it really doesn't matter to me!!

swartlkk 10-10-2009 07:18 PM

I believe that is done through an add-on. I'll have to see if we can get something like that loaded. It isn't as simple here as it is on GMTF for things like that.

Sisk 10-10-2009 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk (Post 253360)
I believe that is done through an add-on. I'll have to see if we can get something like that loaded. It isn't as simple here as it is on GMTF for things like that.

Interesting..I thought we ran on the same platform. Oh well, I was just throwing the idea out there.

swartlkk 10-10-2009 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Sisk (Post 253362)
Interesting..I thought we ran on the same platform. Oh well, I was just throwing the idea out there.

Both sites run vBulletin, but I do not see that vBulletin allows this behavior in its standard configuration. There are add-ons that you can load that modify the behavior. But this is a little off topic... I will definitely look into it.

swartlkk 10-14-2009 07:28 AM

I split this discussion off into a new topic in the Help & Suggestions Center.

I have found the add-on and have asked Patrick to look into getting it added.

Last night I was trying to see if there was a ranked poll type add-on that would work for the chop shop contests and the way that those polls are run.

It would be neat if there were an add-on where you could rank the nominees 1-x (where x is the number of nominees). If there are 5 nominees, the nominee ranked 1st gets 5 points, 2nd gets 4, 3rd gets 3, 4th - 2, & 5th - 1. The points get tallied up and the winner determined by maximum number of points. This would mix things up a bit because you could be #2 on everyone's ranking and win if the #1 spot bounced around a lot.

I don't know, just a thought. Discussion?

Sisk 10-14-2009 07:42 AM

I like that idea...Is there an add on like that though?