Website Problems and Suggestions Need help using the website? Ask here. Have a suggestion to make us better? Tell us here.

Signatures in mobile version.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 06:54 AM
Beginning Member
trautsretnuh is on a distinguished road
Default Signatures in mobile version.

Just making sure I'm not missing something. I see my signature on full version, but not mobile version. Is that the norm? Thanks, Stuart.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:55 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Strangely, I can see your signature in a couple of your posts in your other thread, but not in all of them. Your user profile appears to be correct, so I have no idea what is going on with your signature. Sorry.

Old 05-22-2018, 05:55 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Test post from Garage Talk mobile app.

Signature is included in post.

Old 05-22-2018, 05:56 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Test post from mobile web page using Chrome Android app.

Signature not included in post.

Old 05-22-2018, 06:00 AM
Administrator

There is the 'Show your signature' check box in the Quick Reply section of the desktop page, but I was unable to locate any related settings in either the Garage Talk app or mobile pages to always attach signature.

From the two posts above, it would appear as though the Garage Talk app attaches your signature while the mobile page does not. I'll submit a ticket and see what can be done about this. It would be nice to be able to see signatures in both GT as well as the mobile page as an option.

You could always use the 'Desktop Site' option (option title in the Chrome Android app menu - 3 vertical dots in far upper right) or the 'View Full Site' option from the mobile site menu (3 horizontal lines in the upper left) which will display the same page layout as you view on your computer. This would be a work-around for browsing from your phone or tablet until we can get somethings altered.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Oddly even on my desktop I can only see your sig in certain posts as well. In any case you already have the right guy working on it!

Old 05-22-2018, 09:24 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Our mobile app has always been buggy. That's why I always click 'View Full Site' when I use it.

Old 05-22-2018, 11:22 AM
Administrator

I believe that the issue is that posts made through the mobile site do not, by default, include your signature nor does the mobile site give you any option to add your signature. Not that you can see signatures on the mobile site at this time anyway, but it would be nice if there were options. It kind of negates the whole 'see sig' notation that some of us older folks use... LOL

Later tonight I will submit a ticket for this to see what the tech guys say and I'll report back when I know more.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:02 PM
Beginning Member
trautsretnuh is on a distinguished road

Thank you all for your energy and time. And it wasn't even vehicle related. The people on this forum truly put energy and time into helping people they don't even know. That's just awesome.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:56 PM
Starting Member
Lefet is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by trautsretnuh
Thank you all for your energy and time. And it wasn't even vehicle related. The people on this forum truly put energy and time into helping people they don't even know. That's just awesome.
I'll 2nd that!

Quick Reply: Signatures in mobile version.