Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Website Problems and Suggestions (https://blazerforum.com/forum/website-problems-suggestions-14/)
-   -   this site has been locking up on me every day (https://blazerforum.com/forum/website-problems-suggestions-14/site-has-been-locking-up-me-every-day-68716/)

abig84 03-06-2012 07:00 PM

this site has been locking up on me every day

hes the situation. maybe its the way i browse but who knows. i go to new posts and then i open up every post i want to read in sperate tabs on firefox. so i can have like 10 open at a time. they all open and load just fine, all is well untill i go to respond to something. after i type out a bunch of stuff, either in the new reply area or the quick reply section the site locks up as soon as i hit reply, it just says loading or searching blazerforums.com on the bottom and will never leave the current screen. and all the other tabs will not go past the current screen also

only way i found around this is i go to my tools, clear my history then hit reload and it usually reloads with everything i typed then the site is back to normal.

i figured it was just my computer but this weekend at the girlfriends house same crap. anyone else having this issue?

edit... yep even did it here too

warthogdriver 03-06-2012 07:11 PM

ok, so it is just not me then.
i installed firefox 8...fixed some problems but then i got the reply issues to..figured it was just me.
soooo i installed chrome....sorry firefox my bad :(

pettyfog 03-06-2012 07:25 PM

Open task manager when you have the forum home screen up. Then watch firefox process and cpu performance when you do your usual routine.

coolasice 03-06-2012 08:03 PM

nope, no problem here, have 10+ tabs open right now.... working great

coolasice 03-06-2012 08:07 PM

what addons do you have in your firefox?

AJBert 03-06-2012 09:04 PM

I'll say it is Firefox. Try another browser and see how things go.

I'm using whatever the latest version of IE is and have no problems, regardless off how many windows or tabs I have open on the site.

chris015 03-06-2012 09:23 PM

its been locking on me too. and one sec it loads fine,next sec it'll take 2 minutes to load a page.

abig84 03-06-2012 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by coolasice (Post 503313)
what addons do you have in your firefox?

i have no idea? is there one that i shouldnt have? i really dont download anything or mess with anything

Originally Posted by AJBert (Post 503332)
I'll say it is Firefox. Try another browser and see how things go.

I'm using whatever the latest version of IE is and have no problems, regardless off how many windows or tabs I have open on the site.

my IE got all jacked up a while back. guess there was a big problem with IE locking up the computer when you go to open it. i never used it but went to open it about a month back and it crashed my computer everytime so i just deleted it

im just now seeing the "firefox" thread so i guess im not the only one

xgiovannix12 03-06-2012 10:58 PM

nope most of us have been experiencing this

hopefully it gets fixed I really like firefox

tibby 03-06-2012 11:21 PM

Do you guys set your history to be cleared after you exit the firefox browser? This will help speed up load times as well. Just a suggestion.

And some of this "hanging" is blazerforum not ff. But I've noticed if it hangs people tend to want to click the submit reply button over and over. This does nothing but delays the response from the blazerforum even further. It also causes double posts lol. Better to just let it load.