1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

1993 Chevy Blazer, refuses to start!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 01:00 AM
Mattie B is on a distinguished road
Cool 1993 Chevy Blazer, refuses to start!!

Hey guys getting frustrated with this car!!!

So I have been looking on for a solution and I thought i had found it here. But I replaced the CTS today (holy 5 hours out of my life btw) My hands could not fit down in there. Ha Ha.

Anyways that was not the issue. The truck has been having trouble starting for about 3 months now and after this past weekend it will not start at all!!! It tried to turn over on friday but now all it does is turn and turn and turn.

History of the truck here, it sat for a while in someones driveway before I acquired it. It only has about 64k on it, in GREAT condition, but getting frustrated with this starting issue.

Please help!!!!

Now once it is starting it is spitting and spuddering really really bad, I was under the impression that it could be off timed but not certain. Any ideas would be great, thanks guy!!!!

MB

Old 03-27-2012, 01:25 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Id start running a fuel pressure diagnosis if you have the vortec motor
96+ Fuel System Diagnosis - Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

do you have any ses light on ?

Old 03-27-2012, 09:04 AM
Mattie B is on a distinguished road
Cool

No ses lights? I am going to do that today and see what I get pressure wise??

Hope that fixes it!

Old 03-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Starting Member
bertrenolds has a little shameless behavior in the past

9 times out of ten it is the POS spider injector that I consider the biggest fail on this truck. If you have engine W I recommend you ghost ride your truck off the biggest cliff you can find! I've replaced my spider and regulator more times then I can rember and now once again I have come to the conclusion that it has failed in my truck once again. Check your fuel pressure and see if it's around 60psi and then do a leak down test, if your bleeding pressure then it's probably the regulator. Did I mention I hate this truck, I recommend you sell this POS before it gives you more headaches!!!!!

Last edited by bertrenolds; 03-27-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:48 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

good for you that you hate these trucks .... go back to a truck you like and stop being an ***...

Old 03-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Beginning Member
BlazedBolli is on a distinguished road

Maybe your battery is no good. Is it the same one that sat for awhile?
I know that's like asking if you have gas in it, but I had a starting problem that sounded like that. I changed some sensors, nothing happened, and then a brand new battery changed everything. Good luck.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:07 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

I agree with xgio on this one , its more than likely a fuel issue , next time it won't start shoot some fuel into the intake , then You'll know if its a fuel or spark issue .

Old 03-28-2012, 09:56 AM
Starting Member
bertrenolds has a little shameless behavior in the past

Spray some starting fluid into the intake and see if it starts for a second, it's an easy way to determine its a fuel issue since I am guessing you must not have access to a fuel pressure tester. And I don't hate my truck, I hate that I have to replace the spider injector once a year. Either the regulator can't handle WOT at 11,000 feet or it's a design flaw.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:07 PM
BF Guru

i changed my spider injector 3 years ago still running strong....

Old 03-28-2012, 06:23 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

I changed mine once but it wasn't even bad , it was the two wires going to it . And just so you know they are common failure part also , the wires I mean .

Quick Reply: 1993 Chevy Blazer, refuses to start!!