1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

94 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 02:51 AM
shawnsay is on a distinguished road
Default 94 Blazer

So I was having a lot of trouble lately and thought I'd share. She'd start fine and run fine but once it got up to temp shed die at every red light. So I'd stop at the light and as soon as I'd take my foot off the brakes and press the gas she'd stall. Felt like a fuel issue. So I changed the following parts : fuel pump, fuel filter, tbi injectors, ignition control module, throttle position sensor and finally the part that fixed it.... drum roll please engine coolant temp sensor. I had no idea that part could cause so much trouble. So I hope this helps someone out there.

Old 10-20-2013, 12:01 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Classic example of throwing parts at a problem in an attempt to solve it. It's very expensive compared to diagnosing and repairing. Glad you got it fixed.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:27 AM
shawnsay is on a distinguished road

Trust me we tried to diagnose it but the sensor wasn't (bad) enough to throw a check engine code so the only choice I had was trail and error.