Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > General Tech Help > 1st Gen S-series (1983-1994) Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-25-2010, 08:59 PM

mikede123 is on a distinguished road
Default Bleeding brakes 93 s-10 blazer Need Help????

Can someone help me out with this question? I have a 1993 s-10 blazer and I broke a from brake line while driving (so I pumped the brakes with the line broke). I replaced the line and blead the brakes, but I can't seem to get the abs brake light off. Could someone tell me the procedure for this?

Thank you...

Last edited by mikede123; 12-25-2010 at 09:10 PM. Reason: change title
Old 12-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Beginning Member

AuburnBlazer is on a distinguished road

go to a dealer and have them pressure bleed the system
Old 12-26-2010, 02:37 PM

mikede123 is on a distinguished road

obviously you don't know either.... why even respond????
Old 12-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to swartlkk Send a message via AIM to swartlkk

With an attitude like that, I'm not sure why I am responding... AuburnBlazer is mostly correct. Your truck requires a special tools to properly bleed the entire brake system (if that is the only thing causing the light).

You might want to get the RWAL/4WAL controller scanned to see what the code is first as it may be something unrelated.

Next time, why not ask "why?" rather than spitting in the face of someone that has taken their time to respond to your post.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:46 AM

nzvlnr is on a distinguished road
Default Brake bleeding issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartlkk View Post
With an attitude like that, I'm not sure why I am responding... AuburnBlazer is mostly correct. Your truck requires a special tools to properly bleed the entire brake system (if that is the only thing causing the light).

You might want to get the RWAL/4WAL controller scanned to see what the code is first as it may be something unrelated.

Next time, why not ask "why?" rather than spitting in the face of someone that has taken their time to respond to your post.
Swartlkk, you have been very helpful in the past....I now want to pick your brain. I have a 1994 blazer k series and I started to bleed the brakes yesterday (starting at the right rear) and when I hooked my " mighty vac" up and opened the bleeder valve very little fluid comes out and when I open it more I can hear air leaks from the pump and the bleed valve is very loose. When I bought the truck ( 2 months ago) the right rear wheel cylinder was replaced and I think the shop installed the wrong bleeder valve. I am going to get a new one today witrh the right threads, when you crack it a 1/4 turn its very wobbly and just does not fit snug. When I did my volvo with the little vac, I had a solid stream of fluid being sucked into the container?? I was under the truck for an hour before I started seeing my blue brake fluis start to come through.
Is there something on my truck that i need to do other than the normal bleeding process? 1994 full size blazer w/ABS.....Thank you in advance!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Starting Member

Magmotor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikede123 View Post
brakes, but I can't seem to get the abs brake light off. Could someone tell me the procedure for this?

Thank you...
To clear the codes in the ABS:

1) Turn Ignition to "ON"
2) Insert paper clip at A & H for "Two Seconds"
3) Remove for "One Second"
4) Repeat #2
5) Clearing is successful when the "Anti lock" AND "Brake" lamps light up THEN turn "Off".

Drive the car and see if it lights up again. If so, check the code. That would point you toward the problem.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:32 AM

Closed Thread

Tags
10, 1994, 1st, 93, 94, blazer, bleed, bleeding, brake, brakes, chev, chevy, gen, light, s10