1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

How can I remove the TCCM and use my 233 in another vehicle?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Beginning Member
mandng0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How can I remove the TCCM and use my 233 in another vehicle?

Hi everyone

I’m new to this site and signed up because I hope that I can get some desperately needed help. Just to give everyone a heads up, I’m an owner of a 92 S-10 Blazer LT with a 4.3/700r4/233 set up and unfortunately I’ve got a blown head and shot breaks so from what I know my truck is dead.

On the other hand, my brother just gave me his 92 Jeep wrangler project that we planned on putting a carbed 350 into but couldn’t get anywhere because of lack of funding. Ironically, now that my blazer has died, we figured to keep our cost down and use the tranny and tcase inside of the jeep and mate it up to the 350.

Here is where Im lost and desperately need help:

Is it possible to run this 233 in the jeep without using the computer out of my blazer? Ive read various threads to 4wd schematics but none really answer what I need to know.

Is there anyway that I could I remove just the TCCM to install in the jeep to functionally operate 4wd? Or does 4wd run off the TCCM and the ECM? I was hoping that there is a way to do this so I wouldn’t have to go to a manual Tcase but hey, who knows?

Anny suggestions?[/b]

Old 10-05-2008, 08:07 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: How can I remove the TCCM and use my 233 in another vehicle?

Simple, remove the encoder motor and fab up a handle to shift it manually.

Old 10-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Beginning Member

Is it possible to use with the push button operation like in my blazer? Or is my only way of doin this to make it manually

Old 10-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure why you would want to do it that way as the encoder motors are known for their failures...

You would have to look at the wiring of the TCCM and see if it could be separated from the rest of the system. If you can isolate the power/ground/ignition wires from the rest of the computer system on the donor truck, then you should be able to swap it over.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:52 AM
Beginning Member

Thanks Kyle-

Im going to start looking into this.. would you happen to have any info?

Old 10-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Administrator

These are the best I could come up with... Hope they help:

Old 10-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks a lot... I think I may be able to pull it off. I only want to use the electronic set up because I wont be doing any serious offroading and only using 4wd to pull jet ski's in and out of the water