1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

I give up.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Starting Member
RolingKCBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I give up.....

Went out and got a new digi dash today it worked for 5 minutes then stoped, replaced the VSS again. the wires arent grounding out anywhere. so wtf is wrong with my truck?? 91' S-10 blazer 4.3 auto..... help me please

Old 11-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Starting Member
Default RE: I give up.....

Anyone??

Old 11-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you gave up??

Where did you get the "new" digital dash from? These dashes are known to have problems and many convert to the regular analog dashes when encountering problems with the digital dash.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Starting Member

how do you convert? what dose it consist of and how much would it cost??

Old 11-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I do not know the specifics, just that the digital dashes were known to have problems.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:03 PM
Starting Member

dose anyone know how to convert it??

Old 11-17-2008, 02:00 AM
Starting Member

I'm going out on a limb tomm. and im gunna try to convert my digital to a analog i have the 18 pin connector and someone is giving me a dash....i'll let ya'll know what goes on.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:27 AM
Administrator

Look up analog to digital conversions and you should see what needs to be done. The harnesses are different from what I was able to read.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Starting Member

i looked up a few things an couldnt find any thing so i'm gunna try making my own write up once i do it.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:23 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

The digi dashes are known to have a weak motherboard and cold solder joints on them. Cold solder joints are easy fixes, get a soldering iron and touch them up. The mobo can be replaced and there is a company on ebay that will do it for you, do an exchange for yours, or sell you a kit to fix it yourself.

For swapping it out.
http://www.s10planet.com/forum/showt...igital+cluster

Quick Reply: I give up.....