2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

97 blazer wont start when warm

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 12:21 PM
jdbrown66 is an unknown quantity at this point

it was supposed to be am oem replacement sold by napa. I paid someone else to install it
so I am not sure which one they purchased. I do know that they purchased it from Napa though. most of the pumps they sell are either oem or oem replacements.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:41 AM
jdbrown66 is an unknown quantity at this point

the pump was purchased from napa, i believe an oem model.

Old 06-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Napa does not carry AC Delco or Delphi pumps so it was not an OE pump. Regardless, it does not really sound like it is the pump from your pressure readings. Sounds more like something is not firing the injectors...

Old 06-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Starting Member
bammontana has a little shameless behavior in the past

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Napa does not carry AC Delco or Delphi pumps so it was not an OE pump. Regardless, it does not really sound like it is the pump from your pressure readings. Sounds more like something is not firing the injectors...
Would that be more of an electrical problem?

Old 06-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bammontana
Would that be more of an electrical problem?
Definitely!

Old 06-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Starting Member
bammontana has a little shameless behavior in the past

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Definitely!
Hmmmm... That would make sense on my little problem as well....

Old 06-27-2009, 05:47 PM
92K5BLAZER is on a distinguished road

I had a simliar problem. What mine did is it would start up cold run fine but when it got hot it would start sputtering untill it stalled then it would not start again untill it was cold. I replaced the fuel pump, the assembly, the filtier, the lines, the regulater nothing worked, untill i did a little research turn out when the ignition coil and module got hot, it would send the wrong signals to the computer causeing the computer to send the wrong signas to the injectors. Causing the injectors to stop sparying fuel into the throttle body. Replaced them and it ran great. If this sounds something like your problem try it. By the way i have a 1992 fullsize fuel injected blazer. Hope i helped in some sort of way. LOL

Old 12-15-2009, 10:05 AM
KaptainAce is on a distinguished road

I know this is a few months old, but wanted to put my 2 cents in. I also had the same problem with my '95 Jimmy shortly after I got it. Ran great cold, but sputtered until it stalled when it warmed up. Read many threads (including this one) to get an idea what was wrong. From a previous, non starting problem, I replaced the Fuel pump (AC Delco), Fuel Filter, and MAP sensor (That fixed with the MAP sensor). With the stalling problem, I replaced the fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump relays, TPS, PVC Valve, Spark Plugs, and Vacuum lines that i can get to easily. I Tested the coil with a volt meter and tested fine according the the Haynes book, but i wanted to change that anyway, but was rather pricey for a new coil and ICM unit (about $100 for both) so i went to a park pick and pull yard and got a coil and a ICM unit from a 95 blazer ($9.99). Ran better and longer, but still didn't solve the problem. The next thing I was going to do was plug wires and distributor, but with the snow hitting i needed this Truck to run, so i took it to a shop. Turns out that in the vary back and hard to see the coil wire was crimped in a water hose clamp (yes they all laughed about that) and was almost cut in half, so that was causing odd sparking when the cable got hot and more flixible. Changed the Distib. cap and then ran much better but still not good enough in their eyes so they messed with the injectors, but didn't find anything wrong with them. However after putting things back, they started it up and ran even better (possibly a loose or dirty connection with something). And now my stalling problem is fixed. A some what easy, but hard to find problem. So, to make a long story short: bad Coil cable and bad connection on injectors was the problem. Hope this helps anyone with the same issue

Old 12-15-2009, 05:46 PM
95blazerlt is on a distinguished road

after reading this i would ask if it smelled like fuel bad after it sat hot and the restart attempt was made.. I have replaced many many many fuel spiders on these vortec motors. leaks , fills up the intake with fuel, and floods itself.. just my thoughts...

Old 12-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Starting Member
Micky Foster is on a distinguished road
Default 97 blazer

my 97 blazer starts and runs good till it warms up then i shut it off and it will not start back untill it cools down all the way like the next day can you please help

Quick Reply: 97 blazer wont start when warm