2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Lots of questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 04:34 PM
tropicalfruitmom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lots of questions

I have a 2000 Blazer LT that just turned 91K a few days ago.She has some issues that I want to pose to y'all.

1. Power lock switch does not work. Remote works fine, so I'm thinking it's a fuse?
2. Rear hatch (window) doesn't open off of remote, in-car button or the release on the rear hatch. Fuse, too?
3.Crazy gas gauge: I posted about this on the thread about the crazy gas gauge.
4. Sluggish when engine has been off for a short period of time like at a store, restaurant or getting gas. I can mash the pedal to the floor and it won't go, then all of a sudden, she takes off.
5. Is it normal for you to feel a slight bumping when the4HI or Auto4 is engaged and you make a tight turn (like in a parking lot)?

I've lurked around here for a while, but I think it's time to start jumping in. I have been impressed by the knowledge I have seen here and appreciate and value your input.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: Lots of questions

on power locks, i would pull out the switch and make sure that everything is connected and there are no loose wires.

On the rear glass, do you hear the motor when you push the button? if not, then maybe fuse. if you do, you rob have a broken acuator arm in the actual hatch. you can search for the fix for that on this site.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:21 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

1. It's most likely something in the switch, I'm fairly sure that the power locks would use the same fuse to be activated, whether from the button or the remote... Does the passenger side lock button work?
2. This could be tied into your lock button not working... Check the fuses... on the odd chance that the systems use different fuses for the locking methods...
5. Yes, it's normal for the bumping when you crank the steering in 4WD, not something you should be doing...

Old 03-04-2007, 06:32 PM

ORIGINAL: drperry

1. It's most likely something in the switch, I'm fairly sure that the power locks would use the same fuse to be activated, whether from the button or the remote... Does the passenger side lock button work?
Neither of the power lock buttons work. I think it's got to be a fuse.
2. This could be tied into your lock button not working... Check the fuses... on the odd chance that the systems use different fuses for the locking methods...
I'll check the fuses when the weather warms a bit. I freely admit to being a wuss in cold weather.
5. Yes, it's normal for the bumping when you crank the steering in 4WD, not something you should be doing...
I am very careful not to crank the wheel. If I know I need to, and taking it out of 4WD is an option, I put it in 2WD, make the turn, then reengage the 4WD.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Kordog is an unknown quantity at this point

#1 The fuses are probally good if they work off the remote, could be a broken wire in the door hinge area, I have repaired them there on my 72K 2000 Balzer.
#2 Here are some wiring diagrams for the rear hatch.
#3 You already have that answer
#4 Do you have a SES light on? Does it start goodbefore this happens?
#5 Yes in 4wd hi, lo,or auto there will be a bumping while making tighter turns, Drperry typed faster then I did.
HTH

Thumbnail Image

Thumbnail Image

Attachment (2)

Old 03-04-2007, 06:35 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

The fuses you can check while the truck is running, since you want to look for the power locks fuse... heck, just take the fuse panel in the house with ya and see if it tells ya if there's a separate fuse for the locks...

Old 03-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Starting Member
dBsound is an unknown quantity at this point

#4 - mine was doing this, forever! We pulled the intake, and one of the fuel injector line's "clip"(that holds it in place) had cracked, and the loose line was flooding it. Mine's a 95, so we had to change all 6 lines(it comes as one piece) I was told that newer models could change single lines, and not the whole thing. Seems like the part was about $300(I don't really remember though). Bonus was that my mileage increased by about 2-3MPG after the fix.

Old 03-05-2007, 12:47 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

are you using 4hi on bare pavement?

Old 03-27-2007, 12:28 PM

OK, here's an update:
1. Power lock switch does not work. Remote works fine, so I'm thinking it's a fuse?
a. I checked the fuses and they are fine. The driver's side window has joined in on the fun, so I think it may be a wire issue since I can work the other three windows from the driver's side, just not the driver's side window.
2. Rear hatch (window) doesn't open off of remote, in-car button or the release on the rear hatch. Fuse, too?
a. The fuse is good. Must be another wiring thing. GRRR
3.Crazy gas gauge: I posted about this on the thread about the crazy gas gauge.
a. I just keep an eye on the mileage and make sure I refill around 240 miles.
4. Sluggish when engine has been off for a short period of time like at a store, restaurant or getting gas. I can mash the pedal to the floor and it won't go, then all of a sudden, she takes off.
a. I'll have to take it in to get that worked on and I'll take care of #3 while I'm at it. For now, I'll just have to deal with it because my husband (whom I may yet strangle) drove his 2000 Dakota with no oil pressure and toasted his engine. My truck will just have to wait. And wait. and wait.
5. Is it normal for you to feel a slight bumping when the4HI or Auto4 is engaged and you make a tight turn (like in a parking lot)?
a. I only drive in 4HI if the roads are bad. I use AUTO4 if the side roads are bad, but the main roads are fine. Otherwise, it's 2HI all the time. I figured it was just normal, but it's been a long time since I had a 4WD. The ones we had were Jeep Wagoneers from back in the late 60's early 70's. They had 3 on the tree shifters that would slip a pin if you weren't careful. My dad taught me to drive his because my mom kept slipping the pin and it was a pain to put back.

I love my Blazer, but it's really beginning to get on my nerves. I hate the little things going wrong here and there. Nothing serious, just enough to make you crazy. Most of which are things I can't easily fix myself, which really peeves me. Obviously, hubby isn't a car guy after his trick with the Dakota. Thanks for you help. Any other suggestions are gladly welcomed!