2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Flasher Clicking under passenger side dash, stops when you press brake pedal???

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 11:34 AM
apekim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flasher Clicking under passenger side dash, stops when you press brake pedal???

Occasionally we hear clicking under the passenger side dash. It will stop when you press the brake though. Anyone know what components causes this behavior???

Thanks,
Mike

Old 07-19-2006, 12:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Flasher Clicking under passenger side dash, stops when you press brake pedal???

Is it a rapid clicking? Does it just start/stop randomly?

If either of the above I'm betting that you have a bad ground somewhere inside that feeds these relays.

And please put your year, make, model, engine/drivetrain in your signature and attach it to your posts to help us better help you.

Old 07-19-2006, 12:59 PM
apekim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Flasher Clicking under passenger side dash, stops when you press brake pedal???

It's a 1998 Jimmy with the 4.3 engine, 4wd, and automatic trans.

The clicking will start at random.

Mike

Old 07-19-2006, 01:58 PM
mdhokenson is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate to tell you this, but I had the same thing happen. I had to replace the entire turn signal/hazard switch. Luckily i found an AC Delco on ebay for $105. Which is about half price. Let me know I will give you the contact info.

Old 07-24-2006, 02:02 AM
MnBrent is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the exact same problem. hazard-blinker relay is clicking but stops once I step on the brakes.

mdhokenson-

You say you had to replace the entire turn signal hazard switch?

Do you have the GM part number for this?
Brent -1998 ZR2 Blazer

Old 07-24-2006, 09:51 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

GM Part # 26100853 should be the correct application for any '96+ truck. RockAuto.com has it for $118 and GMPartsDirect.com has it for $126 (but their shipping is way overpriced and takes forever). I could probably get it locally at my AC Delco retail store for at or better than the GMPD.com price.

Old 07-24-2006, 10:06 AM

Yeah, I had to replace the entire turn signal switch. My flasher would click at random and I tried to replace just the flasher unit in the glove box, but that did not fix the problem. They normally run about $200-250, but I found a guy selling new Ac Delco turn signals for $105 on Ebay. I was very happy with the part and cost. I'm at work, but will post his name when I get home.

Old 07-27-2006, 04:11 AM

Do you know what part internal to the switch failed?

This is the turn signal switch or the hazard switch?

Look forward to your reply.

Best Regards, Brent.....

Old 07-27-2006, 04:00 PM

I believe that it was a relay switch within the turn signal/hazard assembly that was to blame. The name of the seller on ebay was conquestautomotive, just do a search for that seller. Let me know if you need anymore info!

Old 07-29-2006, 02:54 AM

Thank you much.

Looks like a pretty easy replacement for this switch assembly. I see it now that the turn signal and hazard assembly is 1 piece. I have the 1998 S/T Truck GM service manual (3 volumes of it) and is shows pretty well how this is done. Easy as pie -at least on paper...

Brent.....

Quick Reply: Flasher Clicking under passenger side dash, stops when you press brake pedal???