2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Heavy leaking EVAP Emissions canister vent valve

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Rider is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Heavy leaking EVAP Emissions canister vent valve

Hey i have fallen for the Blazers but they and rare i Denmark where i am comming from so it aint easy getting help.
Have found help in this forum many times and have the impression the knowledge level in here is very high. This time i unfortunately couldent find a solution, not i understand anyway

Iam using google translator but it does not always now what i mean so sorry about the spelling and if i dont understand the answers in first try.

Becuse of stupid rules and laws in denmark i have disassemblet some things here and there and put them back together again and have now a problem

Symptoms:
Heavy leaking EVAP Emissions canister vent valve
Die after 100-200 feet and hard to startup (feels like needing fuel)
Bad idle in begining (like it need to build op fuel supply)

Ideas:
1/ i needed to remove right front fender and to do that allso batteri, some box etc and when i put it back together there where 1 hose left with no where to go it goes down behind motor and i cant follow it, it is about 1".

2/ I succeeded in destroying allmost anything attached to the fuelpump, i managed to fix it again (part to usa cars are very expensive in denmark) but maybe i have put the tubes back on the wrong way.

3/ One of the wires in the pressure gauge was loose after balancing a half full tank back in place, maybe i dident gat it to connect propely when i tried to push the single wire back in the socket.

Anyone no if one or more of these maybe errors can result in my symptoms or any other ideas ?

Beside that i dont think i have ****t anything else up

Old 01-16-2012, 04:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

So what exactly did you take apart? And what was the original problem?

It sounds like you've taken A LOT of stuff apart.

The 1" line that runs to the back of the engine sounds like the EGR valve supply line. It should be metal on the inside, but have a cloth-like exterior to it. If this is disconnected, it can definitely cause the engine to run bad.

What is the pressure gauge you are speaking of? On the fuel tank? If so, then it would set off a light, but not cause the engine to run abnormally.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:34 PM

No problem when i started
It cost 1500 $ in roadtax pr year but if it lost 200 pounds (only under a 1 time inspection) it cost 400$ pr year for the rest of its life.
So off with fenders, bumpers, sparewheel, hook, tools and under protection plates.
+ the fuel is withdrawn from the weighing so i turned the level gauge to full manually and gat it weighed with allmost empty fuel tank.

There where some corrosion in the right wheel space fender and to get that off and repair it i took out the batteri an loosened the box just behind the batteri to get to the screws.

The rear spring mountings was almost gone so made some new ones (8 inches high instead of 4).

On the fuel tank i broke 2 of the 3 tube connector but manage to get a tight fit whit the tubes directly on.
With the pressure gauge on the fuel tank, 1 of the wires came loose in the socket but think i gat it connected properly, it allso broke but glued it with 2 compound epoxy so it is tight and the little hole is still all the way true, think it works and there is no warning lights on.

That is all i manage to brake so far

I will try again when i wake up and try to locate the loose hose, dont mean there is metal on the inside but i´ll take some pictures and upload.

Thanks alot for your fast answer, dont now where i would turn to if it wassent for you guys here on BlazerForum

Old 01-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Get those pictures posted and we'll see what we can do to help you. Taking detailed close up pictures is nice, but make sure to include an over all shot of the area as well for us to get the 'big picture'.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:09 PM
Starting Member
_HeC_ is on a distinguished road

for the fuel tank lines, all 3 are different sizes so you shouldnt of been able to mess those up... 3/8"s is feed line, 5/16"s return and then the other is for the vapor canister tucked in behind the driverside rear bumper

Old 01-17-2012, 06:00 PM
Starting Member
LRV31 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rider
No problem when i started
It cost 1500 $ in roadtax pr year but if it lost 200 pounds (only under a 1 time inspection) it cost 400$ pr year for the rest of its life.
So off with fenders, bumpers, sparewheel, hook, tools and under protection plates.
+ the fuel is withdrawn from the weighing so i turned the level gauge to full manually and gat it weighed with allmost empty fuel tank.
So you can bring it to get weighed without fenders, bumpers, etc. & they're OK with that??

Old 01-18-2012, 11:15 PM

No i made some temporary bumpers in aluminium and closed the holes from the sparetire.
But destiny is funny, when i was done my friend call some one he know there work there and if i reassemble it all he will weigh it down although it is to heavy, so 2 months down the drain

#6/5
Here is the "spare hose" i cant find a home to, it just disaper down behind the enginen

And here my returning headache, dont know if a misplaced tupe can cause my trobble but it is here i have made the most fuss.

Everything seams normal at the beginning, but after a minute fuel is poring out of the EVAP vent valve like the emissions canister is getting the backflow from the engine but then i had to connect 2 of the tubes together unless it can happen in the fueltank with the tubes misplaced.

When i drive the leaking continues and the engine dont get sufficient fuel, it dies and are difficult to restart and if i touch the gas pedal to fast it dies again, i have to leave it in idle for a minute before i can drive little further.
In that minute it is struggling with staying in a very uneven idle.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:02 AM

Have made a reply but i do shows, may becuse og the pictures

But have uploaded the pix to my album.

I came to thinking, isent there a socket to the loose hose inside the right front fender And can it cause the leaking from evap vent valve ?

Or will the evap vent valve leak if i have reversed the return tupe and the vapor canister on the fueltank ?

When i took the pictures i noticed the wire wasn't all the way in the socket, dont now if that have any consequences.

LRV31:
No i made some temporary bumpers in aluminium but my friend know some one working there and he will make the inspection and paperwork if i reinstall it back to normal although it weighs too much, 3 months work down the drain

Old 01-31-2012, 03:21 AM

i have swapped 2 of the tubes so now it run great BUT, still missing a place to the louse tube in engienroom and now 4x4 dont work, is it a vacum tube to the 4x4 ?
https://blazerforum.com/forum/member...e-15-20787.jpg

https://blazerforum.com/forum/member...e-17-20789.jpg

https://blazerforum.com/forum/member...e-16-20788.jpg

And we just gat alot of snow, i serious cant get anywhere so PLEASEEEEEEE help

Old 02-23-2012, 01:55 PM
Beginning Member
spatula6554 is on a distinguished road

It very well could be the vacuum line to the 4x4 actuator from the vacuum solenoid.

On my 2003, the 4x4 actuator is below the battery inside the passenger side front fender; if this hose is not connected to the 4x4 actuator, the actuator cannot pull the cable to engage the 4x4.

Is there something below the battery that looks like this? This is the 4x4 actuator, which is actuated by the vacuum from the vacuum solenoid.

If there is, and that mystery hose has a vacuum on it when you press the 4HI or 4LO switch, hook them up and see what happens.

Quick Reply: Heavy leaking EVAP Emissions canister vent valve