2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Help me - I live in

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Andy's team is on a distinguished road
Default Help me - I live in

Hello !!!... I am new to this great forum. I need your help. I live in Venezuela and I have a 1998 Blazer, 4.3 Vortec engine VIN "W" LS.

The truck starts in the morning and the board shows a load above normal for the battery meter. Then the truck fails when:

1 .- At 45 minutes (approx.) has been on, or having covered 20 km.
2 .- If you operate the brake pedal "many times", without crossing streets.
3 .- If descends a hill and stops immediately
4 .- When you turn the A / C
5 .- When using turn signals

It has been noted that at present any of the cases above, the battery meter on the board descends and indicates a major consumer. This consumption is not restored.
No codes if I do not provoke them, that is, I connect and disconnect sensors to make that happen.

I performed the following work:
1 .- Cleaning injectors, "No Change"
2 .- Change spark plugs and wires
3 .- Change alternator
4 .- Change coil and ignition module
5 .- Change distributor cap and rotor
6 .- Change thermostatic
7 .- Change fuel pump
8 .- Change Position Sensor Throttle (TP)
9 .- Replacing the sensor idle air control (IAC)
10 .- Check the ground wires
11 .- Change of battery

What might be happening?

NOTE: Sorry for very fluent in English language. I thank you from and attention.

Andy's Team

Old 08-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

So the system voltage is not being maintained properly and the battery is dying?

Old 08-03-2011, 03:35 PM

Thank you for your prompt response.

You might say that this is true. Only that the battery does not die. The truck begins to misfire

Old 08-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If the battery voltage gets too low, the ignition system will suffer which can cause a misfire. Worth checking out. What is the system voltage with the engine running and no other accessories on? What about with the headlights on?

Old 08-03-2011, 03:39 PM

I must cool the truck (approx 30 min) and then walk back. Failure of the rest will not let me go.

Mr Swartlkk,
I read that issue on the Web and in this great forum. The causes of that failure.
He commented that such tests have already made ​​in a workshop. They say their values ​​are normal.
They will call attention to the consumer. I could be causing consumption. I wonder if it could be the Transmission?

Excuse me, sir Swartlkk. I had a typo.

Last edited by swartlkk; 08-03-2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Administrator

Is your check engine light illuminated on the instrument cluster? If it is, get the codes read and let us know what they are. It is difficult to follow what exactly is happening with your truck. From the sounds of it, it is an electrical issue.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Beginning Member
Hightec1 is on a distinguished road

This is easy to do and most people won't clean these connections.Don't know if it would help,but it wouldn't do any harm if you cleaned them.

I don't know if the 98 blazer has this,but a 2000 blazer has it.Under the battery tray there is a connector that connects the battery cables and those can corrode from battery seepage over the years.Remove battery and tray and you will see the connectors possible white or green corrosion on them.I forgot what it's called but i had a blazer that wouldn't start.Removed cables ends,cleaned them and they never had a problem after that.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:26 AM

Hi everybody!... I hope you have a productive day.

I answer your question Mr. Swartlkk, No, no engine light lit on board. If no code, no diagnosis. That's strange. I understand it difficult to monitor the fault.

This weekend, I will check the electrical connections and cables from the board.

Thank you for your attention.

Thanks for answering ... Hightec1

Do not remember seeing those when I realized the check connector wire to ground and to make the change of the battery. This weekend will work on it again.

Keep you informed

Last edited by Andy's team; 08-04-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:58 PM

Good afternoon ...
After one year, returns the problem described here. On this occasion, burned ground the harness connector (fuel pump).
My question is: What can be causing this?, I should check and how do I do?. Annex pictures ...

Thanks for your help and my apologies for not mastering the English language very well.

Waiting for your attention.
Andy's Team

Old 05-11-2012, 10:17 AM

Hi!
Here I again ... The "C" connector got burned, what could be causing this problem?. Where can I find the cause of this?. Where can i find the origin of the "C" wire or cable in the bos fuses?
Thank you for your attention
I am urged to solve this problem

Quick Reply: Help me - I live in