2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Mysterious Hose loose under the hood.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 12:03 AM
jaykeMURD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mysterious Hose loose under the hood.

I'm pretty sure it's a vaccum line of some sort, but I still have no idea where it goes. I've got a picture that explains more.

I kinda think it's related to the charcoal canister purge or something along those lines. I'm positive it's emmisions related.
It may not be very important to the engines performance/well-being, but I hate the idea of a hose flapping around in my moms vehicle!

I've spent and hour or two trying to find where this hose connects to, but I can't find a damn thing!

Here's the pic:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5901/losthose0ua.jpg

Old 06-22-2006, 01:43 AM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Mysterious Hose loose under the hood.

ORIGINAL: jaykeMURD

I'm pretty sure it's a vaccum line of some sort, but I still have no idea where it goes. I've got a picture that explains more.

I kinda think it's related to the charcoal canister purge or something along those lines. I'm positive it's emmisions related.
It may not be very important to the engines performance/well-being, but I hate the idea of a hose flapping around in my moms vehicle!

I've spent and hour or two trying to find where this hose connects to, but I can't find a damn thing!

Here's the pic:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5901/losthose0ua.jpg
First of all what year/make is your mom's vehicle. I don't want to assume it is a blazer but since you posted that would be my best guess.

This could be a vacuum line that goes to the 4wd vacuum switch under the battery if it is vacuum related. Does the vehicle run rough or anything? If not then just resecure it somewhere close and you should be fine.

Old 06-22-2006, 03:07 AM

ORIGINAL: 20Blazer00
First of all what year/make is your mom's vehicle. I don't want to assume it is a blazer but since you posted that would be my best guess.

This could be a vacuum line that goes to the 4wd vacuum switch under the battery if it is vacuum related. Does the vehicle run rough or anything? If not then just resecure it somewhere close and you should be fine.
It's in my sig......95' Blazer 4x4 4.3 Vortec (CFMI) Auto.

Would I have to remove the battery tray to access this 4wd vaccum switch?

Old 06-22-2006, 03:32 AM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, it should be mounted on the fender liner under the battery...there will be a cable running down to the front axle to engage and disengage the 2hi/4hi function of the 4X4 capabilities for the Blazer.

Old 06-22-2006, 04:36 AM

Yes, it should be mounted on the fender liner under the battery...there will be a cable running down to the front axle to engage and disengage the 2hi/4hi function of the 4X4 capabilities for the Blazer.
So, in theory, could I try engaging the 4hi function?
This test would prove whether or not there is a problem in the system, correct?

Is there a way to get to it without dissasembling anything?

Old 06-22-2006, 07:48 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

ORIGINAL: jaykeMURD

So, in theory, could I try engaging the 4hi function?
This test would prove whether or not there is a problem in the system, correct?

Is there a way to get to it without dissasembling anything?
Good thinking. If the vacuum line is off the vacuum pot, the front axles will not engage

Old 06-22-2006, 09:50 PM

Well, the tranny shifts from 2hi to 4hi like normal.....Plus, I found the actual "vaccum" line for the tranny....it's fine. '

So the mystery still stands.....WHERE DOES THIS DANG HOSE GO!?[:@]

Old 06-23-2006, 01:45 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

ok so the transfer case shifts but do the front axles engage?
You'll have to either jack all 4 wheels off the ground to see if the front axles are engaged or spin in the dirt to see if the the power is actually going to the front axles

Old 06-23-2006, 03:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Chevy Lover
ok so the transfer case shifts but do the front axles engage?
You'll have to either jack all 4 wheels off the ground to see if the front axles are engaged or spin in the dirt to see if the the power is actually going to the front axles
I see and feel the vaccum pot you're talking about. It's fine, and complete. Unless there's another hose connection I can't see![>:]

Old 06-24-2006, 04:39 PM

So today I was replacing the battery connector bolts and decided to pull the battery tray....and looky there, all hooked up.

Now I know for CERTAIN that's not the myseterious hose's place.

Here's a picture for proof.

Quick Reply: Mysterious Hose loose under the hood.