Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > General Tech Help > 2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Beginning Member

echild is on a distinguished road
Default spindle nut removal?

i cant find a socket at any hardware store in my whole county..i really went to every auto parts store and tool store!i paid 22 bux for a socket thats not deep enuff....is there a special tool to get it off or what??
Old 11-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to swartlkk Send a message via AIM to swartlkk

Sure is. It is referred to as a spindle nut socket or axle nut socket. You need a 36mm socket. Autozone PN 27054, Advance Auto PN AC824/W154, Napa has a deep 36mm socket with a 1/2" drive, but I do not know if it is deep enough.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:45 PM

terry s is on a distinguished road

Return the socket you bought. See if the auto stores have loaner sockets that will fit. The stores here have a loaner set of deep sockets for axle nuts.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:56 PM

RonJon is an unknown quantity at this point

Napa one works, that's I bought mine.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:26 PM
BF Veteran

abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by echild View Post
i cant find a socket at any hardware store in my whole county..i really went to every auto parts store and tool store!i paid 22 bux for a socket thats not deep enuff....is there a special tool to get it off or what??
i did the same thing. i just took a cut off wheel and cut the tip of the cv joint off was on a $125 offroad truck
Old 11-30-2009, 01:50 AM
Beginning Member

i was so mad at the end of today i wanted to cut it off! lol,,yeah that socket is going back for sure!how much dose a spindle nut socket or the axle nut socket cost?
Old 11-30-2009, 09:18 AM

terry s is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by echild View Post
how much dose a spindle nut socket or the axle nut socket cost?
$0.00 if they have it in their loaner tools.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:43 AM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You can look up either of the two PNs I listed. Without looking back at them myself, I would say you shouldn't spend more than $20 on one. Free if you do the loaner tool program. I like having tools though.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:36 AM
Beginning Member

cool i hope they have some loaner tools then...thanks for the help guys

ok i just paid for a socket at farm and fleet..dose anyone got any advice on getting the nut off?
Old 12-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

Long breaker bar, piece of pipe, and the wheel on the ground.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:39 PM

Tags
1500, 2000, 2005, 2006, 4x4, axle, bearing, blazer, chevy, cobalt, nut, removing, size, socket, spindle, wheel