2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Trouble codes?? OBDII

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 02:32 PM
Mickeymouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trouble codes?? OBDII

Hi again folks...

I'm wondering does anyone else have trouble reading you trouble codes since the "Service Engine Light came on and when I read the code all I'll get out is this???

This is the same code I got every time the "Service light" lights up?

Any suggestions?? Is my obd scanner out of date or what?
These are the protocols it can read (ISO, KWP2000, PWM, VPWM,
CAN, K/KL)
Please a little help??
Regards Michael

[IMG]local://upfiles/9724/C5B9F8D6D7144A5B94A0711E6FB76730.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-17-2008, 02:49 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Trouble codes?? OBDII

That is not an OBDII trouble code. Looks like an error code for your scan tool.

I would check with the manufacturer of the scan tool for a list of error codes.

Also, you may want to check and make sure that your diagnostic port is powered. If the CIG fuse is blown, the diagnostic port will not be powered. This may be the error that your scan tool is trying to tell you about. If the port isn't powered, the scan tool will not be able to pull codes.

Old 08-17-2008, 02:54 PM

OK... I'll check the maufactures website later. But as soon as I clear the trouble code the "Service" lights go out....

Doesn't the trouble code begin with P0???

Thanks

Michael

Old 08-17-2008, 03:28 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on the code. Powertrain codes start with P. With the second number of zero, that means generic OBDII code. If the second number is one, then it is manufacturer specific.

My computer based scan tool shows the code fully, not some garbled meaningless garbage.

Old 08-17-2008, 03:41 PM

This one can also show the complete code. Its also computerbased through my USB.

For example.

P0131 02 sensor circuit low voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P1151 Lack of HO2S21 Switch - Sensor indicates lean

These where some of the trouble codes I got out from my cosworth.

So OBD has worked before... I'll better run out to check the CIG fuse has blown..

Back in a minute....

Michael

Old 08-17-2008, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Ok, I thought you were trying to make what was displayed into a diagnostic trouble code.

Old 08-17-2008, 04:03 PM

Nopp. It was working so I used it to light my cigarette.

My scan tool is a OBD-DIAG 4000 it can be found on http://www.obd-diag.com/

under the folder OBD-DIAG Devices...

It must connection with the computer since every gauge is showing all the values rpm,speed,engine temp,oilpressarue etc.

I simply can't understand what 0 4:0. that is displayed means...there is no text that shows.Or is it just a code that reminds you that you should service you engine regular. Like every 500 miles?

//Michael

Old 08-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Administrator

That is nothing. It is meaningless as far as OBDII specifications go. It has to be something with your scan tool. You really need to get a hold of the manufacturer.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:58 AM

Yepp, I'll try to get a hold of the manufacturer tomorrow and se what they say...

I'll get back to you when I know what the problem is..

Thank youfor taking time of to answer my questions!![sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif]

Regards Michael