Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > General Tech Help > 2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2009, 01:32 AM
Starting Member

ejschultz is on a distinguished road
Default Wheel bearing torque specs

I'm going to be working on swapping out my wheel bearings in a few hours here after a "good" night's sleep. I've searched and found some torque specs for what I'll be doing, but I just want to make sure these are accurate for my 95 Jimmy 4x4.

Wheel Hub and Bearing Assembly to Steering Knuckle Bolts 77 ft.lb
Wheel Speed Sensor to Wheel Hub and Bearing Assembly Bolt (4WD) 13 ft.lb
Drive axle to hub nut 103 ft.lb

That's what I found, in more than one place. Nothing specifies weather or not the specs are good for 95. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:59 AM

Jason Rebellion is on a distinguished road

thats what the Haynes manual reads for them, I've got a 97 Bravada and i'm about to change out my right wheel bearing on Tuesday, so let me know if you run into any kinks while doing it so it'll help me out lol
Old 10-04-2009, 02:30 PM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to swartlkk Send a message via AIM to swartlkk

For your 95, you will want to torque the axle nut down to 133ftlbs (180Nm). The 97+ trucks are 103ftlbs (140Nm).
Old 10-04-2009, 03:56 PM

Jason Rebellion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartlkk View Post
For your 95, you will want to torque the axle nut down to 133ftlbs (180Nm). The 97+ trucks are 103ftlbs (140Nm).
can't believe i missed that....my trucks a 97, sorry
Old 10-04-2009, 11:50 PM
Starting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartlkk View Post
Well, I'll have to fix that one in the morning before I go to class I got them tightened to 103 ft. lb. That shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Rebellion View Post
thats what the Haynes manual reads for them, I've got a 97 Bravada and i'm about to change out my right wheel bearing on Tuesday, so let me know if you run into any kinks while doing it so it'll help me out lol
Well, the only real issue I had was getting the old assembly off. They both formed a rust bond with the plate behind them. I hit them with a hammer to somewhat rotate them. Watch out forthe sensors if you do that. You'll also need some extensions to get some of the bolts off for the wheel bearing. You'll have to turn the front wheels to get to one of the bolts on each side then turn them the other way to get to the other ones. All and all, it wasn't too difficult. My biggest issue was going back and fourth to Autozone to rent the tools I needed. You'll probably use a 36mm axle nut socket. You'll definitely need a breaker bar. My friend and I had to both stand on the breaker bar and jump to get the driver's side axle nut to loosen (pratically 400 pounds before jumping). Other than that, clean off the sensors before you put it back together. I don't really have much else to say about it. It only took me about 30 minutes to do each side once I finally got everything I needed. It was my first time replacing wheel bearings. It was easy I'd say.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Starting Member

I re-torqued the axle nuts this morning and I guess all is well with them now.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:01 PM

Tags
1997, 95, bearing, blazer, chevrolet, chevy, head, hub, nut, remove, spec, specs, torque, torques, wheel