We're going to put in place a new set of requirements and regulations for signatures on BF.com. This will help ensure those browsing on lower resolution computers or even cell phones can browse easily without having to deal with massive signatures.
With that being said, the enforcement of signatures will play a big part over the next little bit. If your signature do not meet the requirements as outlines below you can expect to see a PM from myself or another staff member asking you to edit the sig to meet these requirements.
NOTE: We recommend (and prefer) if all posters place their vehicle info (Year, Model, Trim level, 4x4/2WD, Engine info etc.) in their signature. This helps us to identify and troubleshoot any tech problems or questions you might have. It also saves you the trouble of having to post that info in every question or problem thread you have.
1. Maximum signature image size will be no larger than 600x200pixels.
2. If you have a signature image, the maximum amount of text IN ADDITION to your signature image will be no more than 4 lines of standard forum sized text (size 2). NOTE: The exception to this rule will be staff members. The signature rules will exclude any administrative links within their signatures (although we will keep it within reason to these guidelines).
3. If you do not
have a signature image and only have text, the maximum amount of text lines allowed (at standard forum sized 2) will be no more than 10.
4. If the non-standard sized text is used in a sig (with or without an image) then the discretion will be left to the moderators and staff.
5. Signature file size shall be no larger than 500KB for both still and animated signatures.
6. Signatures shall not contain any profanity or objectionable content, including: nudity, racial slurs, etc. that would be in violation of Blazer Forum Rules
7. Absolutely no unauthorized advertising for personal gain will be permitted. Personal gain is defined as any member benefiting monetarily from a link, statement, or image included in their signature.
The size rules are somewhat vague. It is difficult to come up with a clear cut set of rules that can easily be followed due to the large amount of variations that could exist (different text size, smilies etc.). The ultimate decision and discretion will come down to the staff as to what is too large and what isn't. The main thing is the width to help those with resolutions of 800x640. It saves them from having to scroll side to side.
Over the next little while I'll PM as I see sigs that don't meet these requirements. I ask that anyone who creates sigs on the forum follow these guidelines and keep their work within these size restraints. Thanks in advance.