Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

HOW TO: Oxidized Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 10:11 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute
Default HOW TO: Oxidized Headlights

I've moved this to the DIY section, but if anyone has comment to add, please post up. The DIY section is still a bit quirky, so once we have it fixed, we won't have to leave the original posts elsewhere. I also thought this should remain here in detailing. This is a great read!

HOW TO - OXIDIZED HEADLIGHTS

Old 02-13-2007, 11:38 AM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: How To - Oxidized Headlights

That is a great write-up, and please don't take this the wrong way, but I have personally yielded the same results with various hand creams and a slow speed buffing wheel........less $ and time.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:51 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

That's what we're here for...to hear other options as well. What have you done to get the same results? What creams did you use? How long did it last?

Old 02-13-2007, 12:28 PM

I actually have tried a few different hand creams from Avon and a few from wal-mart and all of them made a difference, but I have had the best results from a specific type from Mary Kay...I think I still have some in my toolbox...I'll check when I get back to work and let you know the exact type. Like I said just apply it, buff it with a slow speed paint buffer, repeat a couple of times and it looks like new.

Old 02-13-2007, 05:36 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

I've tried that as well, i found it works well but not long term.

Old 02-13-2007, 06:57 PM

ORIGINAL: TheBrettster

I've tried that as well, i found it works well but not long term.
Sorry, I forgot to say that I have never kept a car I did this on for more than a few months. They did still look good about 3 months after doing it though.

Old 02-14-2007, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Ah, that makes sense then. I would suspect that the "long way" would last much longer But for quick fixes, I could see the hand cream being a good idea. When you originally said "hand cream" I didn't think you meant literally. You learn something new everyday.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:56 AM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point

Someone else told me a few months ago that hand cream and a buffer work well. Huh.

Old 04-09-2007, 04:02 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

If anyone has a 97-00 Sonoma, GMC left off the outer headlight protectant, thats why a lot of them have cloudy headlights... didn't occur on the Jimmys for some reason.Found out about that when our'98GMCSonoma utility truck hit a deer and busted a headlight assy.. When we replaced it the technician that sold it to us told us about it, (wasn't a GM tech).

Old 04-10-2007, 12:49 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great write up. Looks to be very helpful in the detailing section!

Quick Reply: HOW TO: Oxidized Headlights