Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

INVJECTERS

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 03:53 PM
MICHAEL1237 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default INVJECTERS

MY INJECTERS WONT SPIT WHEN I HIT THE KEY BUT IF I RUN A HOT WIRE FROM BATTERIE TO INJECTER WIRES THEY WILL SPIT

Old 12-13-2006, 04:12 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road
Default RE: INVJECTERS

Fuel pump working? regulator working? What else have you tested? Starter turns over engine? Battery good?

You've got us asking the questions. The next ten posts will be questions for you becasue you didn't leave any info on the vehicle.

Old 12-13-2006, 04:22 PM
MNHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

for one its PULSE (odd to see it called SPIT)

if the pulse is only active with a direct live connection, then try replacing your injector pulse regulator.

Seems like you have computer componit issues.

Old 01-06-2007, 01:37 PM
layitlo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, I just wanted to see if you found out what was wrong? I've been having the same problem on a 2.8 to 4.3 swap and just paid for a carbed setup from a guy in cali and would like to know what has stopped me from running my truck.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Jackal is an unknown quantity at this point

Typicly the pcm will ground the injectors with 12v constantly to them. Also yeah what engine , vehicle do you have? Injectors don't usually just go bad....but it does happen. Pcm , battery voltage, so on. deffinatly more info needed please.

Old 01-07-2007, 11:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Jackal

Typicly the pcm will ground the injectors with 12v constantly to them. Also yeah what engine , vehicle do you have? Injectors don't usually just go bad....but it does happen. Pcm , battery voltage, so on. deffinatly more info needed please.
[/align][/align]Well it's a 88 s10 blazer with a 89 s10 pickup 4.3 maotor and trans. The blazer did have a 2.8 in it but now has the 4.3. I've swapped everything over including the dash and the ecm. So I'm still lost. But next week I'm getting a holley 4barrel and a edelbrock intake so it's not a big deal. I was just curious as to what is wrong. I hate haveing to take the easy way out.[/align]

Old 01-09-2007, 04:33 AM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you also take the harness for the electronics from the 4.3 to your Blazer??

If not then you have some wiring issues and going to a carb might not help!!!

You should find wiring diagrams from both vehicles and cross reference them to see what goes to what and you might find out some surprises...

I have a friend helping someone convert a diesel GM pickup to a big block TBI setup and he has to hunt down color codes on the wiring to find out how to make everything work...

Old 01-09-2007, 12:54 PM

Yeah, I used the wiring harness under the hood and also changed out the dash since the speedo on my trans is electric and not cable driven like my stock one was. I know the truck will run since I've had it run for about a minute till it was out of gas. There is power at my injectors but it just won't gas come out. Going carb will be easy to do to get it running. Cause I won't need the ecm any more and it will run. The carb setup I'm getting is off a blazer that is a 83 with a 91 4.3 and it should work the same. Since the motor will be getting gas it will run. The sensors won't matter at that point. But thank's for the tips. I've double check everything and the way it came out of the 89 pickup is how it was put in my 88 blazer. Except for wires going to the rear for the stereo, lights, and window popper that I have been able to make it work yet. But I'm not done with it.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:24 PM
AleroGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

any word on this issue?

i jsut replaced my intake manifold gaskets and once i got it all back together it jsut cranks and cranks but wont start. the injectors are not firing......... they are not grounding......... any ideas?

Old 01-12-2007, 04:38 PM

So far there's no luck with it for mine. I just bought me a carbed setup to do away with those things for now. Good luck figuring it out.