Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Bogged acceleration, MAP sensor??

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 11:31 AM
01extreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bogged acceleration, MAP sensor??

I drive a 2001 xtreme 4.3L auto. I am having very bad acceleration response when I try to punch it. Even when I put it into neutral and gas it, the blazer boggs alot. I can only go at normal speed while pressing the gas pedal down slowly but only to about an inch and a half down. Then when I try to accelerate to pass someone it drops into gear like its going to take off but doesnt go anywhere, the engine is screaming, then when I slowly depress the gas about that 1 1\2 inch mark it finally goes. I had taken it to a trans place, they said it the trans was fine. Got a tune up, wires, plugs, distributor cap, it ran strong after that but eventually went back again. I cleaned the MAF sensor and nothing. I had the trans filter replaced, ran fine, then back to its ****ty response. Certain times though the blazer will run just fine, but most of the time its crappy. I ordered a new MAF sensor and a mAp sensor. Does anyone know where the MAP sensor is in the blazer. Does anyone else have this problem???

Old 06-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Bogged acceleration, MAP sensor??

MAP sensor is located on the passenger side of the plastic upper plenum alittle behind the throttle body. Remove the electrical connection and pry it out of the plenum.

Old 06-03-2006, 04:18 PM

thanks, I will try it and hopefully it works.

Old 06-04-2006, 01:37 AM
Binz316 is an unknown quantity at this point

the map sensor will throw a code if its malfunctioning. do you have any ses lights?

Old 06-07-2006, 01:51 PM

theres no code, the whole time it drives crappy and no code comes, the only time a code came was when I layed on the gas and tried to accelerate, left it for a few and the check engine light started flashing, then I let go, and drive normally and it stops flashing for about 15 sec after.

Old 06-07-2006, 02:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Just because the check engine light doesn't illuminate does not mean that there aren't any stored codes. Many DTCs do not trigger the light. And many of these DTCs may not be read by some of the scanners used by Autozone, Advanced, etc.

Old 06-07-2006, 03:58 PM

I agree the code may not necessarily display, but from experience when my map sensor went out the truck only hesitated during heavy loads on the engine. Normal driving wasn't affected at all. I'd just be cautious thats all electrical parts are hard to return if they don't fix your problem.

Old 06-09-2006, 01:50 PM

ya that seems logical. I guess it would be a good idea to check it out, got my MAP sensor today, so Ill install it and see what happens. Ill post the results, thanks guys

Old 06-10-2006, 12:24 PM

hellz yea, I changed my map sensor and it seemed to have done the trick,
everything is back into flow, shifting, power, idle, and everything. Thanks guys for the help!

Old 06-10-2006, 12:53 PM

glad to hear it!

Quick Reply: Bogged acceleration, MAP sensor??