Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

burning lots of OIL

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 08:07 AM
Starting Member
crd_ba is on a distinguished road
Exclamation New Intake gasket = BURNING OIL

I'm a new member, but have used the site in the past. Thanks for the help.
95 Blazer W 4.3
Finding a lot of coolant one day I then replaced the radiator, hoses, oil lines. As long as I was doing the work I also noticed a coolant weep around the intake manifold. I dove in and chaged that as well. I used RVT around the water jackets, front and back of the block and used fel-pro gaskets. It started and ran great. Then after about a mile it started to smoke a lot of blue smoke. I checked to see if a vintage snowmoble had some how got placed in the back and was runnning on full choke, no it's the blazer itself. If I drive at highway speeds its fine, but slow down or idle and what a cloud!!! It even has oil coming out of the dougnut on the manifold. I pulled the upper intake and looked and it is full of oil. The EGR port is dry as a bone. I assumed the only place the oil could come from then is up the intake bolts, I know a long shot. I removed them and put sealer on each one and re-torqued them. Still after idling a masive blue cloud. Did I screw up the intake gasket some how on instalation/how? How is the oil getting in there?? Too much vacume from a poor intake gasket?
Thanks for the help

Last edited by crd_ba; 12-11-2012 at 02:24 PM. Reason: no comments