Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Crank no start or driving and engine shuts off randomly

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 08:07 PM
Starting Member
Stuckdad is on a distinguished road
Default Crank no start or driving and engine shuts off randomly

Hello I'm new to the forum. I have an 02 blazer that I just did lower intake gaskets on. Now I have a new issue. On the test drive after the gaskets she shut down. I disconnected my battery and check my connections. Distributor cap had little play so I tightened it up. Connected battery and it fired up. I went on a long drive bout 15 miles and back. No issues. Went to work where on my lunch I pulled battery and tray to check why I have no 4x4. That's easy to fix. Back in battery goes and I drive home and around corner from my house she shut down again. I check distributor again thinking maybe bolts are loose, they wernt, cranked and she started. This morning no start. Check everything and no spark ,changed coil. Fired up. Later I go to go to the store, no start. Pull a p0335 cranksebsor code. While looking at videos I accidently clock camshaft sensor and went to my camshaft sensor and unplugged to check for bad connection. Plugged in she started. Drive to store, and again around the corner from home she died while driving. Pulled over safetly( I refuse to take a road with a speed limit over 50 now for fear of being rear ended. I have two small children.) Unplugged my cam sensor and plugged in she started. My question is when I realised that I was getting a crankshaft code and I've been unplugging my cam sensor and it temp fixes my issue. How is this possible. How is unplugging and plugging my cam sensor doing this if I have a crankshaft code

Last edited by Stuckdad; 03-21-2017 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Errors
Old 03-21-2017, 09:04 PM
Starting Member
72 Car Guy is on a distinguished road

They work in conjunction with each other so the ECM knows what is where