Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Streaming Tranny fluid

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 09:04 PM
jpap is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Streaming Tranny fluid

ok this just started. ive had transmission problems before. the timing solenoid was according to my tranny guy, Melted together. i dont like transmissions. ive never learned how to fix a transmission, so this is about the only thing im not familiar with on a vehicle. after a 30 mile drive, i got home and parked in my driveway. an hour later when i came back out, there was a pool of trans fluid on the ground. i started my truck to see what was going on exactly, and i could see it not dripping, but more like a faucet on low pressure, just a steady stream from somewhere above my oil pan. i cant find the origin, but its somewhere above my oil pan, (its dripping offtwo spots on the pan,one atthe front and another spot, at the very back of the pan. for something like this to happen so suddenly (it hasnt even been dripping up until now) It would almost have to be a hose or something would it not? ( im not even sure a trannyhas hoses) i cant think that a gasket or something of that sort could fail this drastically this fast. any suggestions from a better mechanic than myself? thanks

Old 07-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Megalodon_Al is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Streaming Tranny fluid

I had what seems to be the exact same problem a week ago. Never a drop a fluid on my driveway until last week. While driving home from customer's place of business I noticed tranny slipping. Checked fluid and noticed it was low. Checked under truck and saw fluid dripping pretty good. Didn't have the timeor inclinationto do it myself so took it to local trans. shop. Turned out to be tranny oil cooling line fitting at tranny. Cost me abot $ 100.00 to have him change fitting which he says is pretty common problem on the Blazer. I always see a couple for sale at his place so I think he is pretty familiar with them.