Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

vacum leak problems ?????????

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 04:27 PM
Beginning Member
BIGred4X4 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation vacum leak problems ?????????

i just cant seem to find this damn vacum leek it happened before i bought my 2000 blazer 4x4 its at the end of a 6 in peice of line next to the brake master cylinder any one with any info will help thanks i cant figure out were it runs to or wat it operate in need of help

Last edited by BIGred4X4; 05-23-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:56 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

The one that runs to the master? LOL. Probably not.

If not probably part of the emission control..maybe to the canister?

BTW...What is it you're driving...That would help narrow down the routings of the vacuum line. Above answer is how my lines run.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Beginning Member
Default vacum leak chevy

i drive a 2000 chevy blazer 4x4 4dr LS 4.3 vortech

Old 05-23-2009, 06:13 PM

BIGred4X4

vacum leak chevy
i drive a 2000 chevy blazer 4x4 4dr LS 4.3 vortech

The brake booster is usually bigger than the rest of the lines. Is there a sticker on top of the radiator supports with a diagram? Next to the belt routing diagram?

BTW..You're better of just "replying" to your other posts to keep everything consolidated in case I end up clueless, very possible, and somebody else knows the answer.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Beginning Member

no sticker my brakes ar kinda sensative not feel like they should im meen the truck runs good but wen i lay on it it puts and jerk like its getin to much air and it the mudd it pops wen it redlines or get high rpms

Old 05-23-2009, 06:32 PM

Any way you can get a pic of said line in relation to the engine compartment?

Old 05-23-2009, 06:36 PM

Sounds like the booster is getting plenty of vacuum then. I'm not sure where the canister is on yours but if you can find it and trace the lines....or connections coming of the canister itself.
Ooops double post..my bad.

Old 05-23-2009, 07:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Threads Merged

Originally Posted by BIGred4X4
i just cant seem to find this damn vacum leek it happened before i bought my 2000 blazer 4x4 its at the end of a 6 in peice of line next to the brake master cylinder any one with any info will help thanks i cant figure out were it runs to or wat it operate in need of help
If the line is over near the driver side fender, then it likely goes to the vacuum reservoir which is mounted inside the fender.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:04 PM
Beginning Member
Default vacuum leak cont...

wat does this reservoir look like

Old 05-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like a plastic panel that is INSIDE the fender. You can only see the flat side of it visible between the outer fender and the inner support brace. It should have a small plastic hose barb sticking out of it to accept the hose, but many times, those get broken off. So you are looking for a plastic surface even with the inner support brace that has a small hole in it. Well that is if yours has the hose barb broken off and if that is the case, you will have to glue on a new hose barb to get the vacuum line reattached.

Quick Reply: vacum leak problems ?????????