General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

1976 400 Chevy Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 04:30 AM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road
Default 1976 400 Chevy Blazer

I need to know what you guys think about this blazer i have the cash to buy it but i wanna know ppls thoughts i will need some answers by tomorrow around 2:00pm i think its a real nice truck i wont to go buy it but need opinions LINK i wanna make it a project truck to completely restore to almost 100%

Last edited by Cavalier z24; 03-21-2009 at 04:33 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:08 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Original motor is gone (probably for the better).
Fresh 350 which is a plus.
Rockers look shot, but comes with them. Problem is, there is likely rot further in.
It is an A/C truck, but not functional seeing as it does not have a compressor.
Lift looks shorter than 6" for some reason... Looks to have the same stance of my K5 with 3" BL.

I would offer $1000 only if it is running nad driving. Inspect around the rear wheel wells for rot. Really look close at all of the body mounts to make sure that none of them have collapsed due to rust.

Old 03-21-2009, 02:12 PM

ok thanks kyle i am going to look at in about 45 minutes

Old 03-21-2009, 05:28 PM

Well i got the blazer it will be here this Monday i talked him down to 750.00 due to some rust around the wheel wells like kyle told me about other than that it runs and drives great

Old 03-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Starting Member
W2JGA is an unknown quantity at this point

Lucky ba*****!!!!

Nice find, and good luck with the restore. Wish I could find something like that for that price.

Old 03-22-2009, 02:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Good deal. Now pictures are a must!

Old 03-22-2009, 04:04 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Yes that is a good deal. Is it a 76? I guess someone has put in an 80 grill and headlights. All 1980 GM 4x4s came with a NP205 transfer case. Maybe other parts were swapped as well? Nice project, I love full size K5s.

Old 03-22-2009, 05:48 PM
Administrator

I noticed that too. Not something I would have done...

Old 03-22-2009, 07:35 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Yea, I agree. I am not a fan of the 1980 only front end... but that's my opinion, for only $750 maybe I could learn to love it too.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:53 PM

Yeah i never told him a price either i was like well there is some rot here and there and no ac compressor and he was i cant go no lower than 750 and i jumped on it, It will be here tomorrow after noon going to pick it up

Quick Reply: 1976 400 Chevy Blazer