General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 10:39 AM
oewh is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer

Hey, im wodering if i should buy a blazer s 10 as my first car so i just wonder if its a good first car...

do it use much gas?
anything i should look for before i buy one etc.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:42 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Now I am a bit biased (as will be most people here as we own Blazers) but it's fair to give you both sides. https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...ht=list+common That little (heh) guy will lead you through most of what you can expect to find opening the door of your new Blazer, or can expect after making her yours. Also if you read up, this will give you an idea of what to look for when you go to check out your prospective buys. use these thing to nickle and dime the price from $4500 wishful thinking down to $1800 and use the cash you save to start trying to keep her road worthy.

This will not a be a 47 mpg hybrid, but there are people around here that can pull low-to-mid 20's in the mpg department. Not too shabby. Depends on a LOT of factors, but if you are mechanically inclined its a good rig to tinker with.
Or if (like me) you feel like a sissy because you can bearly air up a tire, this isn't a bad place to start. It will give you an excuse to get a little dirty, bust your knuckles, and take some pride in the fact that after spending all your life pounding pizza and beer, playing various computer/video games, and watching too much tv, at the end of the day, with the help of this forum and some free time, by God, there is 35 psi in your damn tires!

Old 05-13-2009, 03:42 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

They are great first cars my dad just bought me one last week, and he had his for 200,000 miles with out and drive train issues!!

Old 05-13-2009, 05:04 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

i think a blazer would be a nice choice for a first car. i havent had to many problems with mine and most major problems can be avoided with regular general maintenace and as far as the mpg's are concerned it seems to be a blazer to blazer thing, some get good mileage and some dont, but if you keep up on ur oil changes, tune ups and monitor ur tire pressure you should get decent mileage. also adding an intake and exhaust will help the mpg's a bit.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Starting Member
blazen99 is on a distinguished road

nice first car to beat on what details do you have on the blazer? year,model, ect.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:34 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

If you want gas mileage, buy a small car... if you want a vehicle with personality, go with the blazer.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:27 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

oweh, you're in Norway? Hold the show. Before you go grab yourself a Blazer, do a little poking around and see how hard it will be to find the commonly replaced/maintained parts you will need. If they are hard to come by, are you prepared to buy everything you may need over the internet?