General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 01:05 AM
Starting Member
Skibum69 is on a distinguished road
Default Help

I am looking for a 3 to 4 in lift kit and an air ride suspension for an 02 4 door blazer also I am upgrading the engine to an edelbrock intake manifold and carborator, with the dyno matched headers. Any place to get heads or do they have to be ported and new valves put in. Also having trouble finding an exhaust system might end up making my own. What are my turbo and supercharger options. Thanks for the help

Old 01-11-2012, 05:06 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Why air ride?
Is this an "off-road" vehicle only?.. are you planning on being able to pass an emission inspection?

Old 01-11-2012, 01:10 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Skibum69
I am looking for a 3 to 4 in lift kit and an air ride suspension for an 02 4 door blazer also I am upgrading the engine to an edelbrock intake manifold and carborator, with the dyno matched headers. Any place to get heads or do they have to be ported and new valves put in. Also having trouble finding an exhaust system might end up making my own. What are my turbo and supercharger options. Thanks for the help
I think you ought to read up. Aint no way that thing is even street drivable with the options you spec.

I suggest you go back to eighty-something if you want to use a carb.. or else get with the program.
You can pretty easily add 100 hp with just topside modes.
Marine EFI Intake {real fuel injectors}
+ turbo or SC

Drivable on the street and pass most emissions, to boot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqy_2X5uSmg

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...Helpfull-Hints

Not smacking you down... I was young and dumb once, too.

Now I'm pushing seventy years old and I'm just saying only an idiot puts a carb on a modern street machine.

IMO, any vehicle at all.. but hey!

Last edited by pettyfog; 01-11-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:13 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

That video is uploaded by Chris, UR5OSLO. He has the turbo'd 4.3's & usually runs a 10psi boost on the DD's.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:28 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Rottidog
That video is uploaded by Chris, UR5OSLO. He has the turbo'd 4.3's & usually runs a 10psi boost on the DD's.
You know that... I know that.. he also covers ANY freaking question on how to get there with a bone stock long block with 170,000 miles on it.
WITHOUT Blowing the F@@#R UP!
\
But some would rather bolt on a 'go-faster' carb and headers. Or a "I got one TWO" 350.

I suggest for most of those.. a neon kit and a fart can

Here's the end of what I wanted to put my sig.. but it wouldnt take it.. guess I'll have to make an image!

You MAY if you wish, ignore the forthcoming rant but dont consider it's because "I dont know what Im talking about".
Because I DO know what I'm Talking about and there's nothing I would like better than to restomod a 57 Nomad or 57 Vette with a blown MkVIII 4.6L

The EFI system: mainly for performance on the street.
the Blue Oval just to **** off certain idiots.

Last edited by pettyfog; 01-11-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Starting Member
Skibum69 is on a distinguished road

Look man I restore cars also I am doing a 69 mach 1 right now. I have been reading up that's all I have been doing and everything I have found is vague at best. That's why I a on here. Also to put the manifold I want on the car I don't think it will accept the stock EFI. Also this is supposed to be a place to get help, so get your head out of your *** and be helpful calling people idiots and what not is not the point of this. Unless you have suggestions and places for me to find parts then please don't respond to my threads thanks. I could use the help with this vehicle. Thanks

I am doing air ride because I spend a Loy of time in the car driving across the country and want the increased handling with a front air ride and the over all ride stability with the rear.

Last edited by swartlkk; 01-12-2012 at 09:49 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:57 PM
BF Veteran

First.. You really arent going to get the sort of help you want here... this isnt heavy on engine tech except for the maintenance side. Try the S-10 forum. Or GM V6 Engine Tech
Of course you might not like the answers you get there, either.

Second... let me explain that the Powertrain Control Management system in your model is exactly that. Everything is integrated and it will not run properly with a carburetor on it. It would run.. but like crap, and shift badly unless you find a way to hang a TPS on the throttle shaft. and of course the SES light would always be on.
So.. put on a carb you will have to:
- Change the Ignition
- Change the Transmission
- Change all the dash instruments related to the engine except oil pressure.
- If it's a 4wd, change all the controls for that. And probably the transfer case.
- Lose Cruise control, unless you cobble in an early eighties version
and change the fuel pump, of course.
- so... you really DIDNT read up on it all that much did you?

And you want to do this for a highway/touring machine?!!!!!!

I gave you the links that would give you exactly that. .. a reliable power added crosscountry engine that wouldn't reduce your gas mileage all that much, if any, once you get a chip tune.. all else equal, a Carb instead of your efi drops the mileage 10-15%
The Link I gave you is a Turbo mod based on the Marine 4.3L intake. Edelbrock no longer makes a port EFI version.
If your 2002 doesnt have EGR, then it's pretty much a snap to use the marine intake, following his direction.
But if you want to start at the bottom in your version of Retromod
Chevy 4.3L 262ci V-6 - Engine Build - Overview - Tech - Hot Rod Magazine

Last edited by pettyfog; 01-12-2012 at 02:20 PM.