General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

MPG

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: MPG

There ya go: MPG of 2001 Chevrolet Vehicles

Specifically, 2001 Chevy Blazer 4wd @ 15mpg City (even though the average of your stated observed mileage is 16 if I've done my math right). Not that I have ever held a lot of faith on the EPA highway mileage rating. But then again, you never stated what kind of driving you do, any maintenance that you have kept up with, etc, etc.

But hey, you've got to do what you've got to do.

Old 01-15-2007, 06:52 PM
tammikm is an unknown quantity at this point

ya 15 city, im 15 highway, oil change every 5000 k&n filter, truck runs like new, and has been a pig on gas since new, window stickers are never correct, I might get 10 mpg city. the 4.3 vortec is a disaster and we all know it!

Old 01-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You sir are seriously in the minority. You bought a truck. And I HIGHLY doubt you are only getting 10mpg city. If you are, you have a problem with your vehicle, plain and simple. My truck is the worst case scenario for mileage. 3.73 gears, small tires, and fulltime AWD. If I can get 15-17 city, then you should too.

Oh and maybe you should try cleaning the MAF sensor as K&N filters can coat the MAF creating all kinds of issues, one of which is poor gas mileage. Also try some simple methods of saving fuel, most of which have been covered in other threads.

But again, if you aren't happy with it, get a prius.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Rammer is an unknown quantity at this point

My all-time AWD Bravada gets 16-17 Mpg running around hilly western PA. I don't do much city driving, usually just rural roads. Terrain you drive has a large impact on you MPG.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:35 PM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

I might get a Prius but they will have to make the battery pack replaceable by other than Toyota...think of the cost savings when aftermarket batteries finally make it to market... But then if that happens you might see the Big Three back out of the hybrid game and stick with dino powered dinosaurs...

I am not really happy with my gas mileage either...and wished I had bought a Tahoe orsimilar vehicle. Since they get about the same mileage and can haul/tow hell of a lot more...

Old 01-15-2007, 07:45 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

the 4.3 vortec is a disaster and we all know it!
OMFG!!!!!!! are you serious? If so did you recently fall off of a roof and land on the top of your head? You are the first person I have ever heard complain about the 4.3L engine, and I see idiots every day that blame all their vehicle's problems on the manufacturer. "It's a bad design" even though It lasted 10 years and 160,000 miles.......LOL. I do agree that window stickers are hardly ever IF EVER correct, but like Kyle said you have to be getting more than 10 MPG city or you have a serious problem with your truck.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:51 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: lastcoupe

the 4.3 vortec is a disaster and we all know it!
OMFG!!!!!!! are you serious? If so did you recently fall off of a roof and land on the top of your head? You are the first person I have ever heard complain about the 4.3L engine, and I see idiots every day that blame all their vehicle's problems on the manufacturer. "It's a bad design" even though It lasted 10 years and 160,000 miles.......LOL. I do agree that window stickers are hardly ever IF EVER correct, but like Kyle said you have to be getting more than 10 MPG city or you have a serious problem with your truck.
Or he's driving the ever loving **** out of it, lol.

My mileage isn't to great on my first tank of gas... but then again, it's my first tank of gas in this thing, and I did leave it running a fair bit, did a little bit of snow plowing, and I'm still getting used to NOT having to floor it to get anyway (Used to drive an '85 S10) once I get that out of the way, I'll probably be up around the 15 - 18 mark...

My window sticker rates my truck at 26MPG on the highway, lol

Old 01-16-2007, 04:48 AM
Lilcheef is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought i'd chime in my 2 cents. I live in the mountains, and at high altitude (8000-10000 depending on where you are in the town lol). Gas mileage up here sucks no matter what you drive. However, the 4.3 has been the closest to "window MPG" of any vehicle that I have ever driven. I average about 12-17 depending on how much "around town" driving or if I am runnin down the mountain for something on the highway. I also have to sing a lot of praises for POWER! This V6 has way more pep than my old Jeep did (Grand Cherokee with the 5.2 V8) and still gets better mileage. It's impressive. I have driven a wide variety of vehicles in my days, and this one for being almost 10 years old and 145k on the clock, has impressed me the most for sure.

Old 01-16-2007, 05:45 AM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought mine about a month ago. So far Ive around 14-15 average. One time I got 16. Thats withabout 30 miles in town and 75 miles on theinterstate running 75-85, I usually fill up when I have about 130-150 on a tank.I dont think I will ever buy anything with a V6 again, unless it gets better. I have friends and family with V8 pickups getting the same mileagewith similardriving habbits with the V8 power.