General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Preferred Fuel Additive?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 11:56 PM
Beginning Member
masterchf117 is on a distinguished road
Default Preferred Fuel Additive?

I'm looking for a good fuel additive to clean out my engine. I've used Seafoam before, but was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions?

There is one product out there that is red and comes in an aluminum can that I used once...but I can not remember the name...anyone know what I am talking about?

Old 07-10-2011, 12:25 AM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

seafoam is good for all around use, ex. putting in oil, gas tank, and vacuum line. for the fuel tank itself, i like "lucas oil" tune up in a bottle. costs about $4 and works pretty good.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:35 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

X2 on Lucas. I put a bottle in the tank every oil change.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:56 AM
Starting Member
Zanders is on a distinguished road

techron concentrate plus, the best stuff in my opinion, even GM recomends it for our vehicles(they rebottle it and sell it for more). I used it and got 40 more miles to a tank.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:35 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zanders
techron concentrate plus, the best stuff in my opinion, even GM recomends it for our vehicles(they rebottle it and sell it for more). I used it and got 40 more miles to a tank.
+1 on that.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:23 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

X3 on the Lucas..

Old 07-10-2011, 05:24 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Probably stay with Seafoam before an oil change but that's it. Most fuel additives you don't need because when you pump gas from a reputable gas station, you get the same effect any way.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:50 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

LUCAS! i use seafoam when i to a carbon burn off but other than than its lucas!

Old 07-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Starting Member
Zanders is on a distinguished road

correct me if im wrong but isnt lucas more of a lubricant than a cleaner? Whereas techron does both excellently

Old 07-12-2011, 03:07 AM
Starting Member
maddie's dad is on a distinguished road

Chalk up another for TECHRON concentrate plus. I use it in all my GM vehicles. I agree with Zanders about Gm recommending this stuff not to mention selling it at thier marked up price at the dealership. Another thing I like adding to my fuel tank is FUEL. All of my cars seem to run really well with it as opposed to without it. Just kidding. BG is another popular product, but man that stuff is a bit pricey.

Quick Reply: Preferred Fuel Additive?