General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What did your Blazer do today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 12:09 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

the same as it does every other day-whatever i tell it to do!

Old 03-04-2010, 12:55 AM
Starting Member
Mczuk is on a distinguished road

Mines been taking the wife back and for to work all winter.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Starting Member
taba5 is on a distinguished road

my bravada sat at merlins from 8:15am till 11:05 spending 360.40 on a new cat

then i picked up my son from school with a HORRIBLE mount rattle, so, i came home then picked up my daughter from school and went back to merlins from 3:00 till 4:30 they realigned the trans mount, and gave me a free rotation and told me my tbars were uneven(woo) which f'd my alignment, so i then went to work came home and put my tires back to were i had them and readjusted the tbars merlins touched.... O they also told me my BJ's were "loose" when before while doing the cat they said they were ok...wtf, no straight shooting shops around me anymore?

Old 03-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

The Blazer just started throwing the dreaded P0420 code. I'll be checking the cat this weekend for any rattling. In fact, I'll probably just replace the O2s regardless, since they've never been replaced since I've had the truck. If the code doesn't go away, then I'll replace the cat as well.

The Jimmy's ball joints are shot. I'll be buying those from Rock Auto, along with the O2 sensors.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget to do a full tune up when/if you replace the O2 sensors if you haven't already. Don't bother changing the down stream O2 sensors either (the ones closest to the cat). They don't have anything to do with engine fuel management.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:40 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

she got me to work so far....
God willing, she'll get me home too

Old 03-04-2010, 02:25 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Mines sleeping. Pretty lazy, but then again so am I right now lol

Old 03-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Beginning Member
Druubin is on a distinguished road

Earlier today mine was talking to me, then it showed me the result of a grass fire underneath!

GREAT DAY! :P

Last edited by Druubin; 03-04-2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Can't spell!
Old 03-05-2010, 01:41 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

mine showed some asshat Subie driver that it's not the vehicle, but the driver that makes it out manouver & out brake the other guy. shoulda seen his expression when he realized he wasn't going to be stopping where he had "calculated".

good thing i was watching him, and nailed the throttle..........otherwise, i'd be scrapping bright blue Subie paint off my WIB-and that would just ruin the uniformed layer of rust all over it.

Old 03-05-2010, 10:38 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
would just ruin the uniformed layer of rust all over it.
I knew that was there for a reason!

Quick Reply: What did your Blazer do today?