General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Several different problems/questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 12:23 AM
agentm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Several different problems/questions

I guess I should start out by saying what I think is wrong...
I have a 2000 Blazer. It's a 4-door V6, and that's about all I know about it. I really wish I knew more about cars...
When I press the accelerator from a complete stop or therebouts the engine revs up quite a bit and roars before it really goes. Someone I know told me it could be a problem with the transmission, but I don't really have any other problems in other gears.

Ok, problem 2:
My tires chirp a lot when turning. I read somewhere on this forum about a locked rear differential making the tires chirp. I mostly understand how a differential works (thanks wikipedia), but I thought they weren't supposed to be locked under normal conditions or something. Is something wrong?

For now, the final problem, 3:
I use an FM transmitter for my iPod, and I have to have the radio turned up quite a bit to hear it... I forgot to turn it down before I switched to a CD, and I blew the driver side speaker in the door. I have the Bose system, and I was wanting to replace the speaker, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to get to it. I read some comment about popping off the armrest or something so the door panel will come off, which I tried, but I didn't want to screw it all up, so I didn't apply much force and I didn't get anywhere. Is there a specific point there's a clip at or something where I can get it off? Anyone know specifics of this sound system so I can make sure I am getting the right speaker? I read the page about resistance and stuff. I'm majoring in science and I've taken physics, so I understand resistance and voltage and things, but I am having trouble bringing it all together to make a wise choice.

Thanks for your time!
agent m

Old 10-14-2006, 12:33 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: Several different problems/questions

1.) would think your tranny might be iffy. maybe the linkage to it.

2.) I would check your tire pressure. That happens on my gf's jeep a lot, if I fix the tire pressure, it goes away.

3.) If I remember correctly, there are two screws under the arm rest, 7mm, and I think thats it. Just pull the panel iwth condows controls up and out. There are about 8 panel clips at various locations on the door panel. start at the bottom, and pull out towards you. If you break one or two, or all, just run to parts store, gan get 16 for 4 bucks. Advice tho, look harder and instead of the white one which match the ones already in the car, get the green ones, they are stronger.

As for the actual speaker, good luck finding a replacement. Maybe try ebay. I know the Ohms will be funky, but don't remember what the actual numer is.

Old 10-14-2006, 01:37 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

#3 remove the screw for the door handle bezel and remove the bezel
Use a thin screwdriver to pry up the front of the power window switch assembly and slide it forward to remove.
Remove the 2 armrest screws
Starting at the bottom of the door panel (pick a corner, front or rear) Use a wide blade screwdriver, or open needle nose pliers ( if you don't have a trim removal tool) and pull off the trim panel
If you break any of the plastic retainers, they are cheap and easy to replace.

#2 If the tires are chiping, you may be turning to sharply
If the tires are chirping and hopping, then the front axle may be engaged.

#1 Check the transmission fluid level, colour and smell.

If you find anything that you think might be unusual, let us know. Let us know how you make out either way.

Old 10-16-2006, 12:56 AM
Starting Member
mrspeedy69 is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Sounds to me like maybe it's not shifting down into first gear. Like he said before check the tranny fluid and all that. Also when you come to a complete stop pull it all the way down in first and see if you can feel it change gears. If it does then thats not right...lol i dunno what exactly that means i just know it shouldn't and mine did that for a while. Also does that happen all the time or like only when it gets hot. If i'm sitting in traffic a while mine does that i dunno why, i guess it's normal.