Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Day Time Running Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Beginning Member
boost3d is on a distinguished road
Default Day Time Running Lights

Hey, I was wondering. I could disable my DRL's by the dome over ride, but what if I just want the amber running lights on only? Could I do that??

Old 03-01-2010, 11:45 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

If you have the headlight switch on the left side of the dash, turn it to the middle emblem and that should pop on your ambers... thats what i do in my 2004... my DRLs are disabled because i have HID lows and highs

Old 03-01-2010, 11:52 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

i hit the dome override 3-4 times on/off when i get the ding, run the markers only, and roll out.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Beginning Member

Thanks guys, I'll have to check it out when I get home today. Seems like this is going to be a good forum!

Old 03-02-2010, 10:50 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ABN31B
i hit the dome override 3-4 times on/off when i get the ding, run the markers only, and roll out.
Hmmm...I never knew about this before. I'm gunna try it tonight. I doubt it will work on a Canadian model though. DRL's are a requirement in Canada. Do you have to do that every time? or does it store?

Old 03-02-2010, 12:12 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

i was thinking about running my daytime runners to my bumper light fogs since they don't do anything right now

Old 03-02-2010, 06:02 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABN31B

that only applies to the Auto HL feature Curtis (which only works on some of the trucks (North & South of the boarder).

just pull the fuse for your DRL.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by boost3d
Hey, I was wondering. I could disable my DRL's by the dome over ride, but what if I just want the amber running lights on only? Could I do that??

welcome to the forum

noticed your from MI, so am I, heck just looked at the city guess what, exact same. lol

are you thinking roof marker lights? if you are i have a build thread and i know of one other member that has them besides me. makes your blazer stand out.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Beginning Member

Thank you! Haha, I live in Portage. I'm currently in Caseville but will be back into town this summer.
UPDATE on the DRL's. I unplugged the relay under the hood named DRL. The parking lights worked, (until it got dark out because of the AHL's then came on). So now I have to do the AHL mod. BUT WAIT A MINUTE. When I had the DRL unplugged, when I had my headlights on with my Highbeams on, The left highbeam didn't work. As soon as I plugged the drl back in it came back on. wtf?

Old 03-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

im about 15mins from portage and i work in town during the summer. yeah that drl fuse ties in with the the headlights. there is a way to bypass the drls completly using a resistor. im not sure how you do it though

Quick Reply: Day Time Running Lights