Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

pwr dr lock fuse!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 11:40 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

sounds like a short in the locking system

ya might wanna check that switch

also would the fuse blow when you use the passenger side switch ?

Old 01-28-2012, 11:41 AM
Beginning Member
bluextremeblazer01slammed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pwr dr lock fuse!

i have an 01 xtreme blazer. i replace the 15a fuse and it blows everytime i hit the lock button. How do i fix this problem. this is annoying bc i have to manually lock my doors and then set my alarm. any help would be greatly apreciated

Old 01-28-2012, 11:44 AM
Beginning Member

i dont know ill go check that real quick and get back with you

yelp. blew it. i hit the lock button just once

Last edited by TripleBlackBlazer; 01-28-2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts-Please use the 'Edit' feature to add more info to your last post if no one has replied
Old 01-28-2012, 11:52 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Now THAT is weird.. the reply precedes the OP?!!!!!!

Gi'anni is right.... Did you check to see if it blew when you press pass side lock?

And BTW.. we all know a ZR2 is a 2dr. WTF is an extremeblazer? Zr2 on steroids??

Factory or aftermarket alarm?

Last edited by TripleBlackBlazer; 01-28-2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Combining consecutive posts, please EDIT your last post if no one has responded
Old 01-28-2012, 12:07 PM
Beginning Member

its an Xteme Blazer you dont know???

yea i thought that was wierd too and its a factory viper alarm system. but the alarm is working fine. the fuse blows for the door locks when i hit the door locks inside the truck. i could try to use the keyless switch and that would tell me if both of the inside switches are bad but thats highly unlikely

Attached Thumbnails pwr dr lock fuse!-p1050594.jpg  

Last edited by TripleBlackBlazer; 01-28-2012 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Combining consecutive posts, please EDIT your last post if no one has responded
Old 01-28-2012, 12:49 PM
BF Veteran

You mean you havent checked the fob lock, yet? It probably wont be different but COULD be.

Find the body relay block.. probably easier if you follow the pass door harness up under the dash.
Those relays should be all the same. Pull them one at a time

Attached Thumbnails pwr dr lock fuse!-pwrlks_relays_sch.gif  
Old 01-28-2012, 01:25 PM
Beginning Member

i went out there and when i hit the door lock its clicking on the driver side under the dash. i cant seem to find the relays do you know exactly where they are??

01 xtreme blazer. trying to find the relays for the door locks. its clicking on the driver side cant seem to find them. fuse keeps blowing trying to find the problem thanks

Last edited by TripleBlackBlazer; 01-28-2012 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Combining consecutive posts, please EDIT your last post if no one has responded
Old 01-28-2012, 04:21 PM
BF Veteran

D'oh!

I misled you in the original thread. start pulling panels at bottom of dash, till you get to it. Wife just got home and I checked. Taking off the black bottom one should let you, ... >>> I think<<<

Old 01-28-2012, 04:56 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Combined two separate threads on the same topic and merged consecutive posts within this topic.

Please EDIT your last post if no one has responded since then.

Carry on!

Edit: And yes, every once in a blue moon the posts will be out of order.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:48 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Seems to be a blue week then. JK

Quick Reply: pwr dr lock fuse!