Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Job - No Job - Job - ???????

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 12:02 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road
Talking Job - No Job - Job - ???????

It's happening again.

The company I'm working for has lost it's contract to look after buildings in New Zealand (12 of them). Being the only buildings they manage (bar one) they will withdraw from New Zealand - It's an Aussie company so we lose our jobs. (There are only 2 of us & an admin girl).

SO, the company who won the contract have now interviewed me & offered me a position which includes promotion to a full 'Facilities Manager' (pay goes up 40% - wow!)

But now, instead of sharing the load of managing all 9 buildings, I get full responsibility of caring for 7 of them. I lose the entertainment building in central Auckland so Starbucks profits are gonna dive - quick guys - sell your Starbucks shares! LOL.

The other buildings are just on the outskirts of the city center, so I'll be setting up office in one of the office blocks.

THE TWIST - The Funds group who own the buildings on whose behalf we manage, has just sold it's property portfolio - to another Australian company who has no presense in New Zealand - till now! As a result, and as we understand things, this company manage all their own buildings in Australia, so maybe they set up office here (and hopefully employ us), or let my new employers continue the management of said buildings, making my job safe once again. I'll not know for sure till about September so I'll keep biting my nails till then. LOL

Once I know where I stand, the pay increase will buy my 2" body lift & darker tint on the driver & passenger windows.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:12 AM
1sexyblzr is on a distinguished road

hey atleast you got work over in new zealand. here in the U.S people are losing jobs left and right and i cant find a job (which sucks) good luck i hope you get the job.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:15 AM
BF Veteran

Me too! Thanks mate! Need the pay to keep the Black Beast alive.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:18 AM

i feel your pain. by the way your RHD blazer is sweet

Old 06-18-2010, 12:32 AM
BF Veteran
Talking

Originally Posted by 1sexyblzr
i feel your pain. by the way your RHD blazer is sweet
Thanks! And about my Blazer - I know! Jealous aren't we? jk LOL It's a good feeling being one up on you guys. I can't do half to my truck of what you guys can, so why not be different?

By the way, notice the flares? LOL

Old 06-18-2010, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
Thanks! And about my Blazer - I know! Jealous aren't we? jk LOL It's a good feeling being one up on you guys. I can't do half to my truck of what you guys can, so why not be different?

By the way, notice the flares? LOL
ya im not gonna lie im jealous of your blazer and aww man the flares are awesome. how much of a pain was it to import it to NZ? i know if i was to import any car or truck from japan the price would be insane, getting it registered here would be even worse

Old 06-18-2010, 02:19 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

lol ask him about the silverado's they are like $100,000 down there. but someones gotta be different than the toyota and land rover safari trucks down there

Old 06-18-2010, 04:43 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
lol ask him about the silverado's they are like $100,000 down there. but someones gotta be different than the toyota and land rover safari trucks down there
Silverado's converted to RHD sell for around $120,000. The Chevy guys have just completed converting 3 Camaro's. They're going for $135,000 each.

Our Blazers are imported from Japan as used vehicles. Most cars here are used Jap imports. We have no motor manufacturing plants here & new cars are expensive. My 1999 Blazer was imported in Nov '07 & cost me $14,000.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:27 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Wow that has got to suck when it comes to buying cars.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:25 AM
shligger is on a distinguished road

At least cars won't rust out on you. It's good you found a job so quickly after your old one was lost. I've been struggling to find any work at all in the states.

Quick Reply: Job - No Job - Job - ???????