Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Lawn Tractor Stuck then Jimmy Stuck

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 06:35 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough
Default Lawn Tractor Stuck then Jimmy Stuck

I was cutting the back of my property which was pretty wet from rain but I was doing just fine until I tried to get through some muck. The lawn tractor got stuck in the mud and I drove my S15 Jimmy (2WD) near as I dared with the idea of pulling the tractor out with about 50 ft of rope and stopped on what I thought was firm ground and the Jimmy got stuck. I ended up dragging my floor jack and some pieces of plywood to the jimmy and jacked it up slipped the plywood under and I moved three feet and got stuck again. Jacked the jimmy up again slid the plywood under the wheels and I got another three feet. Jacked the jimmy up again slid the plywood under and then I was on firm ground and home free. The tractor was still stuck. So I dragged the floor jack and the plywood pieces to the tractor jacked up the lawn tractor slid the plywood under the back wheels and started the tractor and put it in gear and I got lucky and got out of mud in one try. This is where a winch would have been nice. So I had an unexpected fun day muddin'

Old 04-21-2013, 06:57 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Thats funny cuz I pulled a lawn tractor today also. But I have 4 wheel drive!

Old 04-21-2013, 08:33 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

lol wow. talk about determination. I would of said forget it and went and bought some nylon rope.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:57 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Lol I would of gotten another truck. Then when the other one gets stuck ILL get one of my parents or my bronco or my k1500 haha what ever is not stuck.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:56 PM
WitchingHour is an unknown quantity at this point

Come-a-long. There's your solution.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:28 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

I once got my '92 2WD S10 truck stuck in a foot of horse manure. The top had dried and crusted over which allowed me to get just far enough into the old pasture to get stuck up to the axle. I spent a lot of time digging out behind the tires and putting 2x6es back there but eventually I got it out.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:11 AM
Beginning Member
greencactus3 is on a distinguished road

bet it smelled awesome

Old 04-23-2013, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Toby Hanson
I once got my '92 2WD S10 truck stuck in a foot of horse manure. The top had dried and crusted over which allowed me to get just far enough into the old pasture to get stuck up to the axle. I spent a lot of time digging out behind the tires and putting 2x6es back there but eventually I got it out.
I used to run dump trucks and end dumps for an aggregate and landscaping material company, who, among their other products, carried and sold cow manure. It wasn't the most popular product, so it usually had time to sit and ferment, and once that loader operator got his bucket into it, the smell hit you like a ton of bricks. I actually had fun with those loads (well, as much as I could have with it, anyhow). Whenever I stopped at a red light, I liked watching people in the cars next to me as they smelled it, identified the source, and subsequently rolled up their windows.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:05 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by WitchingHour
I used to run dump trucks and end dumps for an aggregate and landscaping material company, who, among their other products, carried and sold cow manure. It wasn't the most popular product, so it usually had time to sit and ferment, and once that loader operator got his bucket into it, the smell hit you like a ton of bricks. I actually had fun with those loads (well, as much as I could have with it, anyhow). Whenever I stopped at a red light, I liked watching people in the cars next to me as they smelled it, identified the source, and subsequently rolled up their windows.

haha great stuff.. Normally being around it all the time it dont bother me much.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:15 AM

I've smelled worse. I didn't particularly enjoy the smell, but I could live with it, so long I was running a dirt box when I had to load it, and not a rock tub... especially not a split gate.

Quick Reply: Lawn Tractor Stuck then Jimmy Stuck