New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

hi all here from Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 08:17 PM
steve0145 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hi all here from Wisconsin

I just got my frist blazer and my frist chevy. I have not had a chance to drive it yet. It had to have alot of work done to get it going just got it back today now I need to register it so I can start to drive it. I have allways want Blazer there are alot of people who own them in my town. looking forward to driving it in the snow. I did have one thing to ask I have a 1991 4 door 4X4 this is my frist 4X4 and I don't know how to shift it into 4x4 do I need to be moveing or parked to shift

Old 11-02-2007, 08:27 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: hi all here from Wisconsin

Welcome!

You need to be stopped before you engage the 4wd. Putting it in 4wd while moving may cause gear grinding.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:42 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

my manual told me that its perfectly alright to hit the 4HI button while moving. and i have done it plenty of times. the one or two times i've gone into 4LO, i put it into neutral and then go from 4HI to 4LO

Old 11-02-2007, 10:48 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

His is a '91. No push button 4WD then. Doesn't necessarily mean he can't shift from 2HI to 4HI while moving, but I don't know well enough to answer definitively. I do know for sure that no matter what you need to be stopped and in neutral to go from 4HI to 4LO no matter the year.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:09 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i thought the 1st gens had the push button

Old 11-02-2007, 11:26 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Every 1st Gen I've seen has a manual shifter on the floor to engage 4WD.

Steve-hope everything is as you expected it when you get her back! Post up some pics when you get the chance and last but not least, WELCOME!

Old 11-02-2007, 11:37 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

welcome to the forum glad to have you here!!! [sm=welcomesign.gif]

Old 11-03-2007, 01:25 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

my 92 had a pushbutton. that is all i got. sorry[:-]

Old 11-03-2007, 01:57 AM
BF Veteran

93 with floor
94 without
92 without
90 with
87 with

I'm confused! I was obviously mistaken about 1st Gens only having manual floor shift, which doesn't help you with your original question, Steve. Perhaps when you visit next you can tell us which you have, floor shift or push-button.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:50 AM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

the push buttonwas an option

Quick Reply: hi all here from Wisconsin