New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Ladles & Jellyspoons ..... introducing

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 03:42 PM
Beginning Member
The Mutt is on a distinguished road
Default Ladles & Jellyspoons ..... introducing

ME ..... :icon _headbang:

Well thats what i'm meant to do, so let me do just that.

I'm a Scotsman, Thats the first and most important part (ask any Scotsman and that you will find is the truth)

I moved to Canada (women make you do strange things) And have found myself living and working in Alberta, And I must say it is most enjoyable,

What do I do for a living I hear you ask, well I am a long distance Truck Driver for my sins and insanity.

So with all that I had to find a vehicle and came across a wonderful 98 Jimmy SLT, really nice on the outside and really not at all bad on the in, SO i bought it, and after inspections and tests to register (It came over from BC so needed out of province paperwork done).

So all was going well till POOF the tranny decided it was going to not work so after a few hums and haws I replaced it with a rebuild, and since I have gone that far i an now well and truely invested in her.

From here I plan on tidying her up and giving her some new bits to improve her generally overall, (This is where you lot come in) But to do this I need to get to grips with all the ins and outs of owning/repairing/maintaining/modding but not always in that order.

Silly things like is she an s10/s15 (I have seen both mentioned but no one has said for sure what S denomination she is, and what mods and parts are interchangable and what laws i need to make sure i stick on the right side of (The joys of being an immigrant and having to learn everything from scratch)

I have a bit of expierience back in Scotland with doing mods and refurb to cars, I was rep for an owners club over there (Hyundai Coupe (Tib)

So far (and other than the tranny) I have had to sort the door jamb dome switches that were broken, Replace all the speakers and head unit (a must for all vehicles but most of the speakers were blown) and the blend gate actuator and I am sure many more little things to come.

So as I have rambled on enough, time to go exploring.

Attached Thumbnails Ladles & Jellyspoons ..... introducing-fb_img_1461680619250-1-.jpg   Ladles & Jellyspoons ..... introducing-20160626_195116.jpg   Ladles & Jellyspoons ..... introducing-20160626_195129.jpg  
Old 12-02-2016, 06:30 PM
10-78 edac is on a distinguished road

Welcome!
The intake manifold gaskets will fail, so don't be spending all your money on chrome.

Old 12-02-2016, 06:42 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by 10-78 edac
Welcome!
The intake manifold gaskets will fail, so don't be spending all your money on chrome.
oh you do come as a bearer of good news LOL,

I've always made sure i have a slush fund should things go wrong, and this is kept seperate from the chrome budget (altho i'm not a fan of chrome, prefer black carbon like my soul)

Thanks for the welcome

Old 12-03-2016, 12:11 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Welcome.

S10 and S15 are the same, 10 being the chevy designation and 15 being the GMC designation. Same stuff, mostly interchangeable (minus front end cosmetics unless you do the full swap over to the chevy)

Old 12-03-2016, 12:36 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Thogert
Welcome.

S10 and S15 are the same, 10 being the chevy designation and 15 being the GMC designation. Same stuff, mostly interchangeable (minus front end cosmetics unless you do the full swap over to the chevy)
ahh that makes sense, Thanks