Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Driver door interior handle loose.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 08:21 AM
Toocute350 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Driver door interior handle loose.

The other day I tried to close my driver door, but the handle pulled loose from the panel.It didn`t breakoff the panel, it`s just so loose that I can`t pull the door shut.Now I have to open the window to close my door.I took off the(driver side) panel then discovered I had a problem with the plastic fasteners that`s used to tighten down the door handle along with the panel.Both screws for the handle where still on the door itself.The thin plastic strips that`s used to hold the handle secure where completely broken off.The screws go through these strips so the handle doesn`t pull away like it`s doing now.Has anyone else ever had this problem?if so what did you do to correct this problem...If not what would you recommend?I was thinking about maybe screwing in two pieces of small pieces of aluminium in place of the plastic fasteners.Then afterwards drill 2 holes so the screws can tighten down the handle.

Thanks for your time!

Old 12-01-2016, 07:47 AM
KYWes is an unknown quantity at this point

I think everyone with a Blazer has this problem. I guess they just don't know what to do about it or aren't willing to share. Many handles get broken because the owner didn't know about the screws under the handle that help hold the door panel on (don't ask me how I know). Glad you found my previous post about how I fixed my problem. I don't check in here unless I need to find out something so glad to get your email.

I drive my Blazer daily and now that I've fixed the handles I don't have to worry about pulling my doors shut or the panels rattling. In my case the door handle being broken and the door panel being loose was gradually tearing up the door panel. Thankfully I caught it in time to stop from totally destroying the door panel.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:29 PM
Beginning Member
french69ssrs is on a distinguished road
Default Driver door interior handle loose

Hi Matt
I had to go looking for your Name ?
Anyways, I have bought my Son 2 ZR-2's, his first was a 03 Pickup and now, he has an 02 Blazer, He is in College and said he needed a Back Seat for his "Gear"

Both Trucks had Broken Mount Tabs on the Drivers Door.

I took the Panels off and removed the Arm Rests, they are held in by several Screws if I remember.

Most of the Recessed Mount Flange Plastic was there, just Broken open so the Mount Screw came thru and now the Door panel is taking all the Stress when closing the Door.

I got 2 Washers with a Small Hole, (Fender Washers) and some "JB Weld".

I cut the Washers so thy would fit Down inside where the Screw goes, Narrowed them with my Abrasive Cut off wheel, mixed up the "JB Weld" and Glued them in place taking care to leave room for the Screw yet Getting as much "JB Weld" in the Corners and Stress areas.

Let them dry near the Wood Stove, not too close and mounted them back on.

The Truck is over 3 Years now and the Blazer is about 1 1/2 Years on the Repair, no Problems.
Timmy

Attached Thumbnails Driver door interior handle loose.-102_4878.jpg   Driver door interior handle loose.-102_4879.jpg   Driver door interior handle loose.-102_4885.jpg   Driver door interior handle loose.-patricks-02-zr2-drivers-side-madison.jpg