Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Euro vs. Blackout covers

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Beginning Member
rocktheguitarist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Euro vs. Blackout covers

what do you guys think? i'm considering both, and surprisingly, they both seem to be close in price. and what do you recommend for either?

Old 06-11-2009, 07:35 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

If it's not illegal in your area, get the black covers.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:36 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

x2..if it's not going to cause problems with inspections or the po-lice, then go with the black covers. Euro's are alright..but I'd take blacked out any day over euro's. They look better IMO

Old 06-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Beginning Member

i like the blackouts, but how much do they darken the brake lights and such? do they let enough light through to be visible from the legal distance? and does it change the color of the light? (those are the two legal requirements in my area) btw if anyone from detroit has them let me know

Old 06-11-2009, 07:43 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

It depends on how dark you go. You can get the plastic covers, which are fairly dark...or you can get the spray on tint. If you go with the spray on, you can choose how dark you want to go (based on how many coats you do). My buddy did this and it looks awesome!!
The only advantage to the covers is if you get pulled over, or need to pass inspection you can just pop them off when you go for the inspection, or remove them roadside if you get pulled over. The covers are fairly dark, and I'm not sure the specific laws in your area, but you're going to want to do your research before buying them to make sure they won't cause problems with the law.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:30 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

i would go the VHT nightshades route if you want your tail lights blacked out, ive never been a fan of those stick on covers.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:20 AM
BF Veteran

Ohhh, you're talking about whole tail light replacement lol. I didn't know you could get entire black lights. The only thing I've seen up here are the covers.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:38 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to check out this thread.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:03 AM
Beginning Member

nah i was talking about the covers. turns out that darkening the tails are illegal in my area, so just ordered black and red euros. =/ once i put them on ill let everyone know how they look ( i just dont like the white/red ones)

Old 07-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Beginning Member
BigBadHoe is on a distinguished road
Default dont do ether

I smoke that tails on my trucks. Get a hold of some black clear and spray it on your self, or go down to a body shop and have them do it for you. It will be cheaper and look a hell of a lot better.

Quick Reply: Euro vs. Blackout covers