Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

4WD problem with my 1999 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 05:23 PM
Beginning Member
snaumo is on a distinguished road
Default 4WD problem with my 1999 Blazer

I have a 1999 Chevy Blazer that is equipped with 4 button push-button 4WD. In the 2 years that I have owned it I have never had a single problem with the 4WD. One day I started the car up and was driving along when the service 4WD light came on, all of the 4WD push-button lights illuminated, and I heard a clicking on the passenger side that sounded like aa turn signal. So I pulled into a parking lot and and tried shifting into 4HI and it would not shift. So after i got home I tried taking the battery out for 15 min. to reset everything. I started the car up again and I could shift it into 4HI and 4LO. But it got stuck in 4LO and would not shift out even when stopped in nuetral. I would press the 2HI button and it would blink for a while and not shift. So I took the battery out for 15 min. again. When I started it again I was able to shift back into 2HI. I am afraid to try the 4WD again for fear of getting it stuck. Can anyone help me?

Please Help!

Old 08-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Start by removing the passenger side kick panel and seeing if there is corrosion on the electrical connection on top of the TCCM. If that checks out ok, then search for "NV236" or "NP236" and you should find a number of threads concerning the diagnostic checks that can be performed on the transfer case control system your vehicle is equipped with.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Start by removing the passenger side kick panel and seeing if there is corrosion on the electrical connection on top of the TCCM. If that checks out ok, then search for "NV236" or "NP236" and you should find a number of threads concerning the diagnostic checks that can be performed on the transfer case control system your vehicle is equipped with.
The kick panel under the glove box right? Would the transfer case control module be a little black box with a blue connector?

Old 08-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Beginning Member

bump/