Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

help. driver front side lower than passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 03:02 PM
Beginning Member
dshipp253 is on a distinguished road
Default help. driver front side lower than passenger side

I've changed my driver side LCA and CV Axle. When I was done my driver side was still lower than the passenger side. Can somebody help me. What is the problem.

Old 11-15-2015, 04:10 PM
odat is on a distinguished road

you've made 6 different new post on the same problem guess I'll answer here - my guess is you didn't install the lower a arm in the torsion bar right, might be time to take it in for a alignment

Last edited by odat; 11-15-2015 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:25 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by odat
you've made 6 different new post on the same problem guess I'll answer here - my guess is you didn't install the lower a arm in the torsion bar right, might be time to take it in for a alignment
I've measured both side of tha LCA and both matched up tha same 10 inches apart From tha upper control arm. But my driver side torsion bar, when I try screwing in tha bolt it won't make it to tha dimple. Tha torsion bar needs to come down a inch or two for tha bolt to fit

Old 11-15-2015, 04:58 PM

ok you lost me on the 10 inch measurement if your are measuring between the upper and lower A arms at the spindle that measurement is set and can't change - IMO if the torsion bar is all the way up before you screw the adjustment bolt up there is no tension on the bar - my best guess is you are off installing it into the A arm by at least one of the six sided increments

Old 11-15-2015, 05:14 PM
Beginning Member

ok you lost me on the 10 inch measurement if your are measuring between the upper and lower A arms at the spindle that measurement is set and can't change - IMO if the torsion bar is all the way up before you screw the adjustment bolt up there is no tension on the bar - my best guess is you are off installing it into the A arm by at least one of the six sided increments
My gut told me I put tha LCA on wrong. Damn hopefully this process will be faster then tha 1st time. I hope this will be tha only problem. Thank you I'll check back in when done

Old 11-15-2015, 05:33 PM

I'm not there to look at it so just guessing - twisting wrenches can be a learning experience majorly the only mistake is the ones that are not fixed or the ones that can't be fixed

Old 11-15-2015, 05:45 PM
Beginning Member

I'm not there to look at it so just guessing - twisting wrenches can be a learning experience majorly the only mistake is the ones that are not fixed or the ones that can't be fixed
Here are some pics of the LCA I fixed and the torsion bar dimple

Attached Thumbnails help. driver front side lower than passenger side-20151115_154111.jpg   help. driver front side lower than passenger side-20151115_154047.jpg   help. driver front side lower than passenger side-20151115_154028.jpg  
Old 11-15-2015, 06:30 PM

IMO as it sits there is no preload on torsion bar, the little swing arm should be at or down below where the bolt block sits then the swing arm press comes into play to get the arm above the block placement so it can be installed - my best guess and

Old 11-15-2015, 06:34 PM
Beginning Member

IMO as it sits there is no preload on torsion bar, the little swing arm should be at or down below where the bolt block sits then the swing arm press comes into play to get the arm above the block placement so it can be installed - my best guess and
I put the LCA on wrong. So I'm taking it off and trying to put the LCA on the torsion bar correct...

Old 11-16-2015, 06:58 AM
Toocute350 is on a distinguished road

Sounds like the torsin bar needs to be adjusted to your specs.

Quick Reply: help. driver front side lower than passenger side