Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

stuck in 4wd high 98 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 05:44 PM
jsforsaken is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: stuck in 4wd high 98 blazer

it does have vacuum constantly. i just left it unhooked and went for a drive. and the noise and vibration have stoped. when i slide it back on it pulls it back to engage 4wd but its in 2wd. i hooked it back up let it pull it in then tried myself to pull it further and there is no slack left in it so its pullin it all the way. so why dont 4wd work??????????but there is def a prob with the switch then correct?? and where abouts on the tc is it. can i get to it just crawlin under it i'll go get one right now and replace it

Old 01-18-2009, 05:47 PM

o and what is the name of the switch

Old 01-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Search is your friend... It is located near the top of the transfer case on the driver side. You have to reach around the front drive shaft.

Have you tried pulling on the cable with a bit more leverage (ie. using vise grips)?

Old 01-19-2009, 11:33 AM

i was able to find it tucked up in there just above the electric motor that engages 4wd on the tc. didnt have time to pull it tho. by the time i found it the parts store had closed but they have one. they stock up on em in the winter they said lol go figure. i did try pullin the cable but its being pulled all the way by the actuator. so im still at a lose to why my 4wd wasnt workin. or maybe if that switch is messed up itsnot getting steady vaccuum and thats why it fells like it was in sometimes.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:15 AM

ok so i got the switch replaced and the actuator works as it should but no 4wd. put it up on 4 jack stands. the tc engages but the noise i was hearing when the switch was stuck and attempting to put in 2wd is the noise i hear now when tring to put it 4wd. i even pulled the cable by hand just to make sure it was being pulled the full length. so is there a part in the front diff that could have broke that is an easy fix