Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Street racing not condoned here???

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 03:37 PM
strongboy2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Street racing not condoned here???

Street N Strip
"Have a story about lining up at a stoplight or taking your Blazer to the track? Post it here!"

Sounds like it is to me...

Old 02-03-2006, 04:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Street racing not condoned here???

Fine go right ahead, but don't come looking for sympathy when you get caught.

I'll have to talk with Patrick about that line. It shouldn't be allowed.

Old 02-03-2006, 04:53 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The description of the section has been updated.

I would hate to see anyone on here be hurt while street racing or hurt by someone that is street racing. Having lost a close friend as a result of street racing myself, I can say that it is not fun and would not like to see that happen to anyone on here or to anyone that you'all know or love. My friend was just sitting at a stop light waiting for it to turn green when he was rearended and killed by a street racer doing 90+mph and loosing control. This was just last year and still effects me today.

A stickied disclaimer will be added to the top of this section and posts on outright street racing will be removed. Get creative and we won't have a problem. Sounds like I'm turning a blind eye, but atleast I'm informing people of the consequences, not just outright condoning it.

Old 02-15-2006, 11:48 AM
lovetheblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I sreet raced a couple of times and the last time I did it I freaked!
I would not recommend this to anyone...keep it a track if you want to test your ride...safer and if something happens to you, you won't endanger anyone...
Sure, I've got some stories, but the last time I did this, I regret I ever started it...I was going almost 100mph and had to stop at a red light and still dunno how the truck managed to stop...
Sure, I have a heavy foot, but I am respecting the traffic signs...

A Blazer is not for running at the streets, it is not made for it...@ a 1/4mi, which is in a straight line it is safe, but not where you have to turn or have other cars ahead...

Old 02-15-2006, 12:17 PM
91_4_Door is an unknown quantity at this point

the light to light bracket has gotten too expensive anyway.

Old 02-15-2006, 09:37 PM
strongboy2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

When I've ever raced I don't go over 70 anyways. If I have them beat up to that point, then I know I won, even if they don't think so when I stop at that speed. It's not worth it to really ever go any faster than that, since my car traps at about 75 in the quarter mile anyway. That's really all I care about, a quick 1/4 race up to about 75, on a safe, long, flat road with no other cars but me and the other guy. Once it hits 70-75 I'm done, whether we're neck and neck or not. By 70-75 you already know who won anyways...

Old 02-17-2006, 05:59 AM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

i raced an f250 super duty tonight. and i was highly intoxicated and high on methanphetamines. and i had a dead hooker in the hatch.

nah, im just joking about the hooker, lol. no but for real i did race an f250 and smoked em.

Old 02-19-2006, 08:24 PM
Acer2428 is an unknown quantity at this point

5.4L or Diesel?

Old 02-19-2006, 08:34 PM
Administrator

We are not going to discuss street racing on these forums. If I have to close this thread, I will.

Old 02-20-2006, 04:30 AM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Acer2428

5.4L or Diesel?
didnt sound like a diesel

Quick Reply: Street racing not condoned here???