1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

94 blazer hesitation when accelerating Died out while Driving now won't start

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 10:49 AM
ninvin21 is on a distinguished road
Default 94 blazer hesitation when accelerating Died out while Driving now won't start

About three months ago My 94 blazer died out while driving.
I replaced just the fuel pump not the fuel sending unit that seemed to fix the problem for about a month until it died out while driving again.

I replaced the fuel pressure regulator that seemed to fix the problem until a few days ago It died while driving again. So I was messing with it replaced MAP sensor connector that didn't fix it so I put in a MAP sensor and it started right up but was still driving like crap hesitation when accelerating As I would push down the pedal it would not go it was taking a little bit to grab. I would have to let off the gas a little and push it down again for it to take. Then it just cut off while driving and won't start again. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you.

Old 02-06-2016, 07:23 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Fuel pressure and leak down test will tell us a lot. Check at the service port on the drivers side rear of the intake.

Key on engine off, initial pressure should be 60-62psi and should not drop below 50 psi in 10 minutes.

report back with your results.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:19 PM
ninvin21 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for trying to help. I Did the pressure test about a month ago when I figured out the fuel pump. It holds pressure when cranking and running but it does not hold pressure After shut off it never has.
Vehicle has lots of miles on it about 240.

After I changed the pump had the same problem a month later So I swapped the pump out again thinking it was bad and that didn't fix it so I replaced the fuel pressure regular and that got it working for about a month. I was thinking maybe it was just running a little because I cleared the ECM But I tried that today and no luck.

I can hear the fuel pump.

Tested TPS it seems to be working not sure what the ohms resistance should be but it does fluctuate like it should.

New map sensor looks fine.
New plugs and wires.
New filter.
Wires that go to the injectors are new. (red and Blue)
Had a clogged EGR one time and this is nothing like that so I don't think it's that.

Found some corrosion on my dist cap replacing that tomorrow even though I get spark.. (fingers crossed)

If it's not this I also have a new Coil I'm going to put on.
Also thinking of swapping ecm fuses and get a new relay for the fuel pump just for fun maybe a TPS sensor.

New parts aint going to hurt anything I might as well
unless the vehicle is trash then Im just wasting money.

Starting to think ign modular or oil pressure or Crankshaft sensor.
I will post back after I replace Cap and rotor. Thank you.

Last edited by ninvin21; 02-06-2016 at 10:56 PM.