1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

keyless entry code on a 94

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Starting Member
classklown90 is on a distinguished road

is ax3 the only code for keyless entry?

btw there is a little orange bul on the left side of my steering wheel down a bit and it does not light up or anything. any clue what this is?

Old 04-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point

No, AU0 also appears for keyless entry.

The bulb sounds like an aftermarket alarm or keyless entry/remote start add-on.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Starting Member

well i do not have either of these codes. how do i make the alram active again and does this mean i have keyless entry anyway?

Old 04-30-2009, 07:14 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The only two I have seen are:
AU0 : LOCK CONTROL, REMOTE ENTRY – KEYLESS ENTRY (DOMESTIC)
AX3 : LOCK CONTROL, KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM

As far as the light is concerned, factory RKE systems did not have a light.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:05 AM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point

If the light isn't getting power, more than likely it was left behind when a previous owner removed the rest of the add-on stuff.

Add-on alarms and remote entry systems often are poorly installed and cause all sorts of ignition and electrical problems. Someone added remote entry/remote start to my old 240sx and it drains the crap out of the battery if left on - in about 2 days.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:01 AM
cage47 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
The only two I have seen are:
AU0 : LOCK CONTROL, REMOTE ENTRY – KEYLESS ENTRY (DOMESTIC)
AX3 : LOCK CONTROL, KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM

As far as the light is concerned, factory RKE systems did not have a light.
Sure they do. My father has a 1996 GMC 1500. It has a factory installed alarm. It has a small bulb on the dash just to the left of the steering wheel. Uses the standard Gm keyfob. It blinks when the alarm is active.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Anything that is on a lower dash panel is not a factory installed option. Maybe a dealer installed option, but not factory. Factory stuff is either in the cluster or in another portion of the upper dash (near the ambient light sensor for example).

On the s-series, there is no factory status indicator other than the "security" light in the dash, but that is only on 98+ IIRC.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Starting Member

thanks im definetly goona get this checked out ill let you know

Old 04-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Starting Member

nvm i found a black box that says sensor and has a red light on it but the wire is cut and has a black,orange,brown and red wires. then i found a group of cut wires going to the bulb they are: blue green and orange. then i found a large whitish tan wire going to my dash and finally i found a fat orange and small pink wire that were cut but were grouped with a thick yellow wire. how do i reconnect this?

Last edited by classklown90; 04-30-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:48 PM
bluebeast is on a distinguished road

how early did they start using remote keyless entry? i have a 92 and im doubting that it would have this option, but it would be super cool if it did. if a person was to find the module or whatever for it, could it be installed into an earlier year of blazer?

Quick Reply: keyless entry code on a 94