1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

no fuel

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Beginning Member
PHOENIX is on a distinguished road
Question no fuel

im new to the blazer fam and dont know too much about them but heres what i got, i have a 87 with a 2.8 tbi and it wont start. it cranks but it wont turn over. i have replaced the injectors, pump, fuel filter, distributer, cap, rotor, plugs and wires and still wont start. i had a wire probelem with the pump but i fixed that and nothing. im all out of ideas. i kno i have to fix the timing now cuz the distributer but it wont start. there is no fuel coming out of the injectors. i check the fuses and relays. if anybody knos plz let me kno cuz im stumped...

Old 06-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Sunshine Coaster is an unknown quantity at this point

The first thing you need to do is hook up a pressure gauge to the fuel line after the filter and before the TBI. you need to know if fuel is getting to the TB or not. This will prove if it's a fuel delivery problem or not. Once you find this out, report back and we can go from there. One thing...when you turn on the key before starting does the pump run for 3-4 secs. to build up pressure? If it does there's a good chance you are getting fuel up to the TB unit. If you can't hook up a pressure gauge, there is a connection under the hood that allows you to jumper the fuel pump to run, you could unhook the fuel line from the TB and put it in a container and then jumper the switch to check for flow. If it's a new pump, chances are the pressure is fine as long as you got good flow into the container.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Beginning Member

ive got pressure to the tb. i unhooked the line and fuel came out and the pump stays on. its getting fuel everywhere except to the injectors. what about the pressure regulator can that cause the problem?

Old 06-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Having fuel and having fuel at the proper pressure are not always the same thing.

Have you tested the electrical side of things to make sure that you are getting the injector pulse at the injectors (noid light)? Have you inspected the electrical connection?

Old 06-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Beginning Member

we just checked that today and the connectors are not showing any power. how do i fix that.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:13 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

How did you test this?

Old 06-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Beginning Member

we tested it with that light that you were talking about. but now the guy says that his light tester is out so now we are not sure if its the injectors.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Sunshine Coaster is an unknown quantity at this point

if there was a power supply problem to the injectors, wouldn't it throw a code? You should check to see if any codes are stored in the ECM.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Beginning Member

where is that located

Old 06-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Sunshine Coaster
if there was a power supply problem to the injectors, wouldn't it throw a code? You should check to see if any codes are stored in the ECM.
Given the age of the vehicle and the simplistic OBD1 system, it will not throw a code for this issue. The PCM really does not know that the injectors are not getting power and since the motor is not running, it does not know there is a lean condition either.

Quick Reply: no fuel