1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Oh god wth is wrong now

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Starting Member
RolingKCBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Oh god wth is wrong now

Ok so i have fuel and spark and the truck will crank all day long but it will not start..... what could be the problem??? any an all input is appreciated thanks..... getting real close to gettin rid of this dang thing.....

Old 06-02-2009, 09:59 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

So I only say this because I had a similar problem, but don't over look the simple stuff. Check your ignition fuses. I made a real *** out of myself that way not too long ago...

Old 06-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by ABN31B
So I only say this because I had a similar problem, but don't over look the simple stuff. Check your ignition fuses. I made a real *** out of myself that way not too long ago...
ok will do, but the problem all started wen i ran the truck out of gas. got more gas put it in hit the key it ran for 5 mins then died. so i replaced the fuel filter injectors an so forth and like i said i have fuel an spark now but no start i will check the fuses tomm. any other help or input would be nice thanks.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:56 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by RolingKCBlazer
the problem all started wen i ran the truck out of gas
Ah! More to ponder.
Hmm.. is your fuel pump kicking in when you rock the key forward? Rock it forward one click, but don't start. You should hear it whine as it pressurizes the tank. If it is not, then you might have a dead pump. I guess these things are super picky. The fuel keeps em cool, so running them down or at low levels for a long time, and running them out of fuel, tears them up. Another easy check to take something off the list of potential problems. *shrug*

Last edited by ABN31B; 06-02-2009 at 10:59 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Ah! More to ponder.
Hmm.. is your fuel pump kicking in when you rock the key forward? Rock it forward one click, but don't start. You should hear it whine as it pressurizes the tank. If it is not, then you might have a dead pump. I guess these things are super picky. The fuel keeps em cool, so running them down or at low levels for a long time, and running them out of fuel, tears them up. Another easy check to take something off the list of potential problems. *shrug*
i think the fuel pump is engaging but i will go out an check right now.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Blazercrazy is an unknown quantity at this point

Your timing chain probably jumped a tooth, Happen to my friends 99 breeze, Spent 2 weeks going over everything then took the timing belt cover off and the belt exploded lol

Old 06-03-2009, 01:24 AM
Starting Member

Fuel pump is in working order. but now i am not getting fuel into the injectors again..... what to do now???

Old 06-03-2009, 07:50 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

First, start with pouring a small amount of gas directly in the T.B.I.. If it will start or try and start with pouring gas directly into the T.B.I then you have a fuel problem. Next check the fuel pump pressure with a tester. You might be able to get a loaner from Autozone. I would check all plug wires to make sure the firing order is correct at the dist. cap. If fuel is ok and firing order and spark is ok then it is time to rotate the engine untill number 1 plug is at TDC. Then verify that the rotor is at the number one plug position. Double check the firing order and loosen and rotate the distributer untill the rotor is located under the number one plug location on the cap. Tighten down the dist. just enough so you can rotate by hand (Use a Rag between hand and cap) try and start the engine. If it starts you can rotate the dist. untill the engine runs the smoothest by ear. If the engine did jump time you should be able to get is started this way if it is only a tooth or two off.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:18 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

How did you determine that the fuel pump was in working order? Considering that you are not getting fuel to the injectors, that would seem to mean that the fuel pump was not working.

The TBI motors require 8-10psi of fuel pressure. The crappy part is that, in order to test the fuel pressure, you have to install a gauge fitting.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
How did you determine that the fuel pump was in working order? Considering that you are not getting fuel to the injectors, that would seem to mean that the fuel pump was not working.

The TBI motors require 8-10psi of fuel pressure. The crappy part is that, in order to test the fuel pressure, you have to install a gauge fitting.
i took the line off at the TB and hit the key and gas came out, but could the pump be not powerful enough to push the fuel through the fuel injectors?

Quick Reply: Oh god wth is wrong now