1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

1988 s-10 Blazer Tahoe (GLUG GLUG High NOX)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 11:48 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: 1988 s-10 Blazer Tahoe (GLUG GLUG High NOX)

make that tamper-proof torx

And I had no idea there were some of those suckers on the engine! Is it really the tamper-proof one (has the center post inside the torx head) or is just a regular torx head?

Old 03-21-2008, 02:04 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

make that tamper-proof torx

And I had no idea there were some of those suckers on the engine! Is it really the tamper-proof one (has the center post inside the torx head) or is just a regular torx head?
yup they r the tamper-proof ones cuz when i did the plastic fuel lines inside the plenum i needed to buy one cuz my dad didnt have one and hes a mechanic so that right there tells u they r rare.

Old 03-21-2008, 02:08 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Yea..I've only seen a full set of em at CCity 'cause that's how all our security devices are attached.

I'd be PO'ed if I started a job on the Blazer and got in there to find a security torx holding something down!

Old 03-21-2008, 03:22 PM

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

I'd be PO'ed if I started a job on the Blazer and got in there to find a security torx holding something down!
hahaha yup thats how it was i had it ripped apart w/ my dad and we were tryin to take it apart and were like wtf!?!? and ya my dads like yaaa thats a tamper-proof torx i'm like great....... my dad has pretty much every tool for fixin stuff on cars and stuff since hes a mechanic but in his 25+ yrs as a mechanic hes never had to use a tamper-proof torx

Old 03-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I purchased a security bit set from Sears for around $25. Has tamper proof torx bits as well as many other odd bits for removing tamper proof and security fasteners. Couldn't find it on Sears.com any longer though...

Old 04-10-2008, 08:11 PM
enochian is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is the link to my video file Blazer.wmv

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...sic/blazer.wmv

This video show the muffler with sound at idle
Also shows the injectors close up at idle.
I included information about what has been done to the vehicle to try to solve the problem.
I used fuel injector spray and fully cleaned the injectors which made engine improvement but problem (Glug Glug) is more noticable now. I also tried slowing the flow it had little effect on the problem. I think the problem is valve related but not sure what.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:18 PM

hmm kinda sounds like it has a cam in a very slight way. i would have to guess prolly something to do internally in the engine. but thats just a guess

Old 04-10-2008, 08:33 PM

My camera makes the audio slightly pitchy and audio auto leveling compared to the actual sound but it is very close to reality. I think it's a bad valve spring or something sticky maybe someone will know the exact problem.

Here is the video link again for anyone reading this reply.

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...sic/blazer.wmv

Old 04-10-2008, 08:43 PM

ya i would def guess its something internal like that

Old 04-21-2008, 10:04 PM

Took this blazer to Precision Auto and had a valve adjustment & fuel system flush + timing turned correctly (But not much difference). Still Glug Glug and mechanic says may be a pushrod out of whack or valve #1 and possibly valve #2 are going out burned or otherwise fouled. \
I also had to fix a pre-existing slow leak from the clutch fluid girling after returning from the shop.

So the simple solution is to install (NEW HEADS).
(Remanufactured) is next best solution.
Refurbishing mine is the most economical at (200.00) but requires me to remove the heads... Another headache that I have no time to do procedure.

Anyone know where I could get the heads removed fairly cheap?.>?

Quick Reply: 1988 s-10 Blazer Tahoe (GLUG GLUG High NOX)