1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

1992 chevy blazer s10 help please =(

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 07:20 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about
Unhappy 1992 chevy blazer s10 help please =(

i got a probelm with my 4wd its not the toggle switch inside or the vaccum switch i even checked the tccm fuse and its good . 4hi or 4lo will not engage into position i hear the transfer case doing somthing but it wont engage into 4wd . any ideas what it could be?

thanks for reading

i also hear the clicking in the dash

Old 10-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Beginning Member
shawncullen is on a distinguished road

i have the same problem i have the to button switch it worked fine onw day then the next it didnt i found a vac hose off on the actuator under the batt tray, after hooking it up i still have no 4wd it flashes a few times but doesnt engage all i hear is the relay clicking in the dash so if you find out what urs is let me know

Old 10-25-2010, 11:51 PM
Beginning Member
Bob'sblazer is on a distinguished road

If your electric t case wont engage, it can be a multitude of things.
1. bad vacuum,
2. bad/stuck shifter motor
3. TCCM/encoder is dirty/damaged.
4. poor electrical connection/bad relay
5. Damaged t case/ failed shifting mechanism.

Chances are the problem is not as terrible as described, you must check your tccm
and ensure that the motor can shift.
try this, when the assembly faults, it goes into its own "LIMP" mode, being it will only shift to 2HI and 4LO. if it will do neither then the problem may be in the relay/vacuum/or electrical harness.

Search for the term clicking in dash, or 4x4 dead, or 4x4 fix. The discussion has happened and inevitably happens again, RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH!

Old 10-26-2010, 01:22 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

[quote=Bob'sblazer;373835]If your electric t case wont engage, it can be a multitude of things.
1. bad vacuum,
2. bad/stuck shifter motor
3. TCCM/encoder is dirty/damaged.
4. poor electrical connection/bad relay
5. Damaged t case/ failed shifting mechanism.

Chances are the problem is not as terrible as described, you must check your tccm
and ensure that the motor can shift.
try this, when the assembly faults, it goes into its own "LIMP" mode, being it will only shift to 2HI and 4LO. if it will do neither then the problem may be in the relay/vacuum/or electrical harness.

i know i changed the vac switch and i chaged the switch inside i mean i hear the transfer case switching but i dont know if it engages i think its the indicator switch . ill try tomorrow . my dad has an s10 pickup ill pull the indicator switch from there and see what happens

Old 10-27-2010, 03:28 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
i got a probelm with my 4wd its not the toggle switch inside or the vaccum switch i even checked the tccm fuse and its good . 4hi or 4lo will not engage into position i hear the transfer case doing somthing but it wont engage into 4wd . any ideas what it could be?

thanks for reading

i also hear the clicking in the dash
ok we checked the vac under the battery and thats working . well it moves and i guess it works lol . i realized something else tho when we keep the 4hi or 4lo pressed the shaft moves when we take it off the shaft stops. any ideas that could help me ?

im starting to get fed up with this truck =/ but ill keep trying

Old 10-27-2010, 05:46 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like your problem is with the encoder motor, specifically the encoder itself.

If you really want to get to the bottom of the problem, check out the Tech Article (DIY) thread by error_401.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:12 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Sounds like your problem is with the encoder motor, specifically the encoder itself.

If you really want to get to the bottom of the problem, check out the Tech Article (DIY) thread by error_401.

hey where can i find (DIY) thread by error_401 do you got a link?

Old 10-28-2010, 12:44 PM
BF Guru
Exclamation ok i found the probelm

the shaft turns but the front wheels wont lol any ideas now ? if i hold the switch down the shaft turns but it wont engage . i think its the encoder motor

btw i got the truck off the ground with 4 jacks

Old 10-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You could start by actually using the information available on the forum... Like the '4x4 no worky' thread that is also found in the Tech Article (DIY) section...

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
hey where can i find (DIY) thread by error_401 do you got a link?
Yeah, the link to the Tech Article (DIY) section is right down there in my sig!

Old 10-28-2010, 02:06 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by swartlkk
You could start by actually using the information available on the forum... Like the '4x4 no worky' thread that is also found in the Tech Article (DIY) section...

Yeah, the link to the Tech Article (DIY) section is right down there in my sig!

lol im sorry im just an 18 year old kid who owns a blazer =/ but i read it i think its just the encoder motor cuase its not engageing the transfer case to move the front hubs but the shafts moveing or can it be the indicator switch?

Last edited by xgiovannix12; 10-28-2010 at 03:35 PM.

Quick Reply: 1992 chevy blazer s10 help please =(